10 Years International Crime Court: Towards World Law?

by hamilcarr 202 Replies latest social current

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

You don't need to copy paste the entire US govt site. We know by now your entrenched stance on this issue.

• BurnTheShips
  • james_woods
    james_woods

So, is it five years old or ten?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hamil,

You don't need to copy paste the entire US govt site. We know by now your entrenched stance on this issue.

...and we also know that the US does not have a vested interest in avoiding membership of the ICC. Neither does China, Russia or Cuba does it Burn? HS

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Are you 58 or 5?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    and we also know that the US does not have a vested interest in avoiding membership of the ICC.

Neither do the leading signatories in creating it, do they HS?

I believe the US State Dept FAQ covered the details quite well, so do you take issue with any of those details?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Are you 58 or 5?

Apparently this statement was not made in any seriousness:

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the (im)possibility of world law.

BTS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

Neither do the leading signatories in creating it, do they HS?

lol...Still grasping at straws Burn, though I am pleased that you have finally admitted that the US, like China, Cuba and Russia, does indeed have a vested interest in keepings its citizens out of the jurisdictioon of the ICC.

Perhaps you might cut and paste the Chinese manifesto as to why they have not joined the ICC, just to balance your argument a little. ;)

Yes, I am the first to admit that the ICC has a vested interest. They make no secret of it. Their vested interest is to bring to trial individuals who have committed crimes against humanity and sentence them to jail. Any American, Russian, Cuban or Chinese that commits crimes against humanity are exempted from ICC sentences and they have refused to become members.

This should tell us all we need to know.

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    does indeed have a vested interest in keepings its citizens out of the jurisdictioon of the ICC.........This should tell us all we need to know.

Actually, it does not. Any American guilty of crimes is subject to the legal jurisdiction of the United States. They are not exempted from punishment for their crimes. Your comment implies that individual Americans are not accountable for their actions. This is incorrect.

The United States government has as its duty the protection its citizens from extranational bodies that are not answerable to the people of the Unites States and whose political motivations could be suspect.

BTS

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    The United States government has as its duty the protection its citizens from extranational bodies that are not answerable to the people of the Unites States and whose political motivations could be suspect.

Long live the US govt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit