10 Years International Crime Court: Towards World Law?

by hamilcarr 202 Replies latest social current

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Nice *spin* HS. You should go either into politics or become legal counsel for the Watchtower. A liar like you would go far. This thread is what happens when a pompous arrogant windbag won't accept facts. You should be embarassed HS, everyone sees the wet spot on your trousers.

BTS

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Burn I think it may be time to resurrect your languishing Zarathustra thread

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Burn I think it may be time to resurrect your languishing Zarathustra thread

Yes, what the world needs most is more half-baked bluster from a short Latino. Five thousand posts, 4,985 URL's pointing to sites whose first five words have been read. HS

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    BTW, I do not think that this sub-topic is really that far off-thread. I still think that this thread was intended largely as a rebuke to the United States for not joining the ICC, and that the enthusiasts for the ICC are predominately liberal in their basic view, and strong opponents of Bush and anyone who ever voted for him. I also think that part of this love for ICC is the secret hope that it could become a political weapon against the United States in those areas with which the left finds contemptuous about this country.

James can read hamilcarr's mind. He should exploit these skills.

• james_woods
    james_woods

James knows exactly what you did that time behind Mr. Norlinger's garage back when you were 13.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    It need not be explicit. This thread is, as this board is, rife with anti-americanism. It is a cultural racism. It need not be explicit to exist. If an American disagrees it is because he is ignorant and stupid. This view itself stems from ignorance and propaganda. All too many Euros seem to look at us as some sort of a subcivilized horde. A bunch of materialistic gun toting mindless violent (yet somehow submissive and obedient!) consumers. While we are derided on the one hand as materialists (as recently posted here) on the other hand their spiritual interests and morality are laughed at. We are "ignorant and uninformed" about the outside world.

You seem to have difficulties to distinguish between you and we.

This shows you think of Americans as a herd of same-minded cattle. Sad idea. My view on Americans allows for more diversity than yours.

As for the ICC, to surrender our citizens to a foreign body not answerable to our people and to be submitted to a trial without a jury of peers is an ultraje of our most cherished laws and traditions. That was my point in my very first post on this thread. If you don't get that you don't understand us. We see the world in a different way from you. We don't have a contempt for law, but we do have a contempt for government, which is what ultimately enforces law in our world. Get it?

We against them. Obey!

Added. Btw, this will be my last post on this thread. I'm leaving for Miami on Saturday and won't be back before August, 10th. Won't have time to post either, that will be very harmful for my Trivia ranking ;-))

Plenty of time to check Burn's hypotheses on the chasm between Europeans and Americans. Bye!

• llbh
    llbh
    We don't have a contempt for law, but we do have a contempt for government, which is what ultimately enforces law in our world. Get it?

That is otiose in the extreme. Government and law are inexticably linked. In our country the government( parliament) makes the lawand the judicial system enforce and iterpret it.

To despise one is to despise both. If we follow your argument are we to despise democracy, ie those who voted for government? The same is true in large measure in the US.

Regards David

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Added. Btw, this will be my last post on this thread. I'm leaving for Miami on Saturday and won't be back before August, 10th. Won't have time to post either, that will be very harmful for my Trivia ranking ;-))

Plenty of time to check Burn's hypotheses on the chasm between Europeans and Americans. Bye!

Hamilcarr, you have a PM. That's my area. I can show you around. Maybe we can get together for a beer.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That is otiose in the extreme. Government and law are inexticably linked. In our country the government( parliament) makes the law and the judicial system enforce and iterpret it .

There is and has been law without government. This is a fertile subject in libertarian/minarchist/anarchist discourse and not one without numerous historical examples. For example, there has long been a concept of international law without an archist enforcement mechanism.

Not inextricably linked, and not otiose to the initiated.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

An excellent article on the subject of the ICC at the website of Libertarian thinker Lew Rockwell:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rozeff/rozeff43.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit