Heavy Metal monk Capuchin Friar Cesare Bonizzi!! RAWK ON!!!!

by Lady Zombie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Please tell me there are some other metal fans in here besides me! Some of you mentioned receiving flack from the elders because you listen to Rap, but surely there has got to be some other Rock n' Roll and Metal fans in here. I still remember the flack I got for listening to 80's music, Classic Rock n' Roll (loved Jethro Tull, Doors, Pink Floyd, and so on), and worst of all.....Heavy Metal! The only way they knew was because some self-righteous elder kid snooped through my music collection when my parents had them and their parents over for dinner.

Of course now, I've been out on my own for so long, I play whatever I damn well please.

Anyway........

It seems that not only is a Catholic monk a Heavy Metal fan, he is also a Heavy Metal artist!

[LZ flashes 'devil horns' hand gesture] HELL YEAH!

Helen Long reports:

Jul. 17 - 62-year-old Italian Capuchin Friar Cesare Bonizzi is nor ordinary heavy metal rocker.

Brother Cesare is better known among Italian heavy metal fans by his nom de rock, Fratello Metallo (Brother Metal). Describing himself as a "preacher-singer", "Brother Metal" has been singing for over a decade and has just released his 18th album.

For some reason, this is amazingly cool to me. Here we have a 62 year old 'Man of God' so to speak who understands that religion and serving God is not about petty sh*t, appearances, self-righteous 'works,' but rather to appreciate and celebrate life.

And coming from an atheist like me, that is one hell of a compliment!

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=87126&videoChannel=3

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You are not alone with metal.

Headphones got me through my teens.

BTS

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Hey, how do I embed a video?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

With youtube, just post a link. I am sure the Metal Monk has video there. Just post it from there, I am sure I will enjoy it.

I recently posted a metal thread and had to do the same thing. The original video I had seen was on a different site (and higher quality).

BTS

• Lady Zombie
  • Twitch
    Twitch

Heavy Metal Monks? Lordy, what's the world coming to? lol

I was yer typical metalhead in my teens/early 20s. Hightops, tight denim, lotsa hair, lotsa dope, etc. The hair bands in the early 80s got me started but my favs were from the bands who started in the 70s, Scorpions, Priest, Deep Purple, etc. When Master of Puppets came out, I was hooked on Metallica. My interest in metal waned after the Black album but I have Tool's entire catalog; they're awesome.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

LOL that is awesome! FratelloMetal!

Master of Puppets=Metallica's best. It was all downhill after Black.

I've got all of Tool too. Their concert I went to about 4-5 years ago was a religious experience. And the music videos are striking.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hasidic Reggae.

Matisyahu.

I have all his stuff. He rocks.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

tool is the best band in the world today. check out the new REVOLVER magazine. its devoted entirely to tool. i've seen them 4 times...absolutely amazing shows. also look for new metallica in the fall. i hear they are going back to the "....and justice for all" sound, which is their best imo. i'm in my late 40"s and still love metal, but prefer the older stuff. i like to hear singing and occasional screaming, not unintelligible grunting passing for vocals

• BurnTheShips

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit