So now I'm disgusting? What?

by heybaby 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• heybaby
    heybaby

ANOTHER EXPERIENCE THAT I WANTED TO SHARE: Ok, this happened to me a few years ago. I was between jobs, and I decided to use that time to auxiliary pioneer. I had never been able to do it before and I was very excited. Well, about 2 weeks into the month, I ended up getting a wicked case of pneumonia. If anyone here has had pneumonia, you know what I was going through. So of course, I was down and out for the rest of the month. I was too sick to leave my bed, much less go out in the freezing cold weather for hours a day. I missed about 3 weeks of meetings because I was just entirely too sick. My husband called the service overseer and explained the situation and that I wouldn't be able to make my time. He seemed cool with it, very "caring." When I finally got back to the meeting, this brother (the service overseer) approaches me. Did he ask how I was feeling? NO! Did he ask how he could help me out? NO! Do you know what the first words out of this mouth were? He said "I hope you don't plan on signing up to pioneer again, because not making your time is disgusting!" I was SHOCKED!! I just stood their in disbelief, with a range of emotions swelling up at the same time. I was hurt, and at the same time angry....By the way, this same brother also told my best friend (at the time) that she needed to "push back from the dinner table" because he thought she was getting too fat. This girl could be a supermodel! I guess he just enjoys tearing people down.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jehovah's Witnesses, the only true religion, produces the very best fruitage in its people due to theocratic education and the abundance of Jehovah's spirit, which yields love, kindness, long-suffering, etc.

Especially is this the case with spirit-anointed elders.

NOT !

When you look back, it's plain to see that JW's have their share of inconsiderate nutcases like that elder. Maybe more than their share.

"Not making your time is disgusting"? Truly refreshing words for a tired soul, and he was like the shadow of a heavy crag in an exhausted land.

DEFINITELY NOT! Yuck.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I tell this one from time to time here just to help myself and others remember exactly how uncaring and cruel some of these power-happy juvenile elders can be.

We had an extremely beautiful early-thirties new attendee lady & husband. They were not baptized, but just started attending because one or the other had some distant witness relative. The woman always was elegantly dressed, with perfect platinum blond hair.

One Sunday, she showed up with a jet-black hairdo - making her look a lot like Agent 99 in the old Get Smart TV show. She got approached by one of the pig-elders and told that this was not becoming (as it looked like a prostitute) and that she should dye it back as soon as possible.

She burst into angry tears, and ripped off the black wig for all to see. She was in chemotherapy for a very serious cancer condition, and was totally bald. The other wig was out to be redone - she always liked to look nice, even when ill. This illness, in fact, was the reason that they had started coming to meetings - sort of a religious anchor in a difficult time.

I heard she died about a year later, we did not see them at the meetings again.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's the typical socially retarded behavior that is a result of growing up in a controlled environment. They all know that no matter how disgusting a comment can be, everyone is supposed to "continue putting up with one another."

Venture out into the world, the reactions are quite different. As are the consequences.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

HeyBaby: I can think of some things that are disgusting, and your lack of hours does not make that list. His comment to you, however, certainly is disgusting!!! James Woods: What a horrible story! I swear, I keep saying that I cannot be surprised by these stories anymore, but I continue to be. Shocked and saddened. Just as well she didn't live the last year of her life in that association. I hope she found peace and love and joy... Love, Baba.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That would of been the last time to Pioneer there is too many tactless people in that "Cult"

She burst into angry tears, and ripped off the black wig for all to see. She was in chemotherapy for a very serious cancer condition, and was totally bald. The other wig was out to be redone - she always liked to look nice, even when ill. This illness, in fact, was the reason that they had started coming to meetings - sort of a religious anchor in a difficult time.

I heard she died about a year later, we did not see them at the meetings again.

And this......Well this is just truly sad........

h4o

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I had a few nasty experiences with ms's and elders. One ms told me these 3 things:1. My jw husband was homosexual and would surpress such and stop physically abusing me if I lost a few pounds. 2. He enjoyed looking at my behind, (I was always a fat bottom girl, so apparently, he was an ass man). 3. I should encourage my mom to continue pioneering instead of caring for her f-i-l, who had cancer. An elder told me that if my abusive jw husband followed through with his threats of killing me, that at least I'd be guaranteed a spot in the new system.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear gods, Jamie! I am stunned... talk about disgusting. You don't want to know my story about what elders told my abused sister.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You don't want to know my story about what elders told my abused sister.

Since you mentioned it, why, yes I do!

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

what a horrible experience.

ive known pioneers not make their time for years in a row, only to receive love and help from the elders, trying to work things out for them to attain their goals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit