Pantyhose

by Princess Daisy Boo 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Something that has facinated me since I started reading and posting on this board was the whole "women must always wear pantyhose" idea...

The thought sometimes crosses my mind as to whether or not there were any differences in the borg from country to country - but the only issue I have come across is the pantyhose one.

In South Africa, to the best of my knowledge, while I was "in", this was not a requirement - we only wore stockings if the weather required it.

Come to think of it, I dont recall men having to wear their jackets on FS either. They did have to wear them for talks and so on, but otherwise, not a big issue.

Just an observation - any thoughts welcome.

PDB

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I think it must be that whole dress as to honor Jehovah thing the witnesses have going.

I think they believe bare legs are too casual. Here a lot of the women go bare legged in the summer, but only if the skirts fall at least mid calf. If a sister wears a skirt that is just below the knee, she'll wear pantyhose.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I think some elders wore pantyhose under their suits.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

In our climate here in South Florida, it is rare to see ANY woman in pantyhose at the KH or anywhere else.

Rub a Dub

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

A lot of the sisters over here wear tights because their legs look like spam.

I thought that it was a great idea….

• kitsune
    kitsune

I grew up in a place where it was you always wore pantyhose, even in the summer, and summer dresses had to have wide straps (my mom wouldn't allow me sleveless dresses anyway) and sandals on the platform were a no no. Then I moved to Florida and was very happy to buy my first "spaghetti strap" dress, not having to wear stockings, and having sandals, and seeing sisters on the DC in the same type of dress. Well, it didn't matter anyway because I was planning the next phase of my exit strategy, but at least I could do that comfortably.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Pantyhose was never a requirement here either.

Sisters mostly wear stockings on formal occasions.

• Alexia
    Alexia

I didnt wear then past the age of 14. No one said a word.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

LOL Mr Majestic!

Nasty!

Ps Hi Princess Daisy Boo!

xx

• blondie
    blondie

I knew some missionaries in a Pacific tropical country and she did not wear nylons and he wore shorts, short sleeved shirt, no tie and sandals.

I just refused to wear nylons. I can remember a congregation that said sisters could not wear makeup, until the CO's wife showed up with red daggers for fingernails and 3 layers of makeup...that "rule" ended.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit