Satan is certainly a wiley devil! He came in the guise of Square Dancing!

by Lady Zombie 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

OH, YES!!! Square dancing is very enticing! very dangerous!! I know, I have been there. A number of years ago my ex and the kids went to a jw square dance. Dressed all western and countryfied. So, we were doing this changing partners, grab a hand grab another arm thingy. So, this one sister from our sister hall was one that I had to do this hadn and arm thingy with. She starts this flirting eye contact stuff with me. So, me being who I USED to be returned the favour. Nothing ever became of the innocent flirtation ..............UNTIL.........2 weeks later, her elder husband turns up as the guest speaker at our hall.

He starts this talk about the opposite sex and proper realtions between those in the congregation. Sisters wearing proper attire and not exposing their BODICES .Then he says, " There is a brother in THIS congregation( he looks straight at me) that does not respect the marital arangement and has made overtures to married sister, the wife of an elder". YUP!! NO SHIT!! I liked to have died. I am sure that he must have had some arrangement with the BOE to give this talk without bringing up my name. I am sure though that they were aware of it though. I had never made any contact with her outside of the dance or any other sort of contact. I was FLOORED!!!!

Needless to say, I made a wide berth around this woman when ever we were at an assembly or get together etc.

NMG

• Octarine Prince
  • yourmomma
    yourmomma

im glad they cracked down and there is no longer fun stuff to do because otherwise i dont think i would have woken up from the matrix. i hope they keep doing it because they will continue to wake more people up.

• TreadClimberMaster
    TreadClimberMaster

NoMoreGuilt, did anyone else notice what the speaker did?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This is all very enlightening to me. I left in the early 80's, when all sorts of "get togethers" were quite commonplace. I had heard rumors that all the fun gatherings had stopped, but this really takes the cake.

And now that the home book studies are kaput, needless to say no more "goodie night".

I agree with YourMomma... I say LET THEM take all the fun out of it. It is much, MUCH easier to leave a dry HUSK of an existence behind than a fun and lively one!

Cheers to that.
    Baba.

• perfect1
    perfect1

bump

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I will say that square dancing is proof that white people only dance in groups. See the Hustle and Texas line dancing

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think in my cong. we stopped doing fun stuff by the late '90s. The early '90s were still a fun time -- picnics, softball, etc. I'm not sure if what changed was a specific elder raining on the parade -- it doesn't seem that way. I think it was some sort of general cooling-off that happened locally as certain families moved away that used to organize the events, and no one stepped up to take their place.

One interesting question in my mind these days, as I read all these stories on the forum about joyless buzzkill elders/COs ruining things for others, is, "Why are Witnesses so easy to pick on?" They'll let one over-sensitive person push them around and stop them from having harmless fun. But of course then I remember that being a Witness is all about being led by men. We were conditioned never to "talk back" or be a troublemaker by offering counterpoints to an argument that supposedly was Bible-based.

Most of all, I think it would have fallen on the other elders to be the ones to have the guts to resist the buzzkill elder before he was able to rain on everyone's parade, and I think in all these cases, they've generally failed to be "man" enough to put up any resistance even when it would have been easy to counterargue from the Bible. I guess elders are at least as conditioned for unthinking obedience as the average R&F member.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit