I feel like I'm being pushed away

by heybaby 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bet they wanted to tell you to quit your jobs and pioneer. However, that is the wrong thing to do, unless you want to end up destitute and stagnant in old age.

What if everyone would quit their jobs and pioneer? Society would grind to a halt. We would not have any infrastructure. Gas stations would shut down because no one would be on hand to run them or supply them. There would be no electricity, either. Hungry? Sorry, all the food places are closed because everyone is out in field circus. Starbucks is also closed because the waitresses are all in field circus, and because the suppliers are in field circus (hence, no supplies).

But there would be plenty of wastes of paper on people's porches!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to JWD heybaby!

Stupid club-o-jerks! This is what I though after a few years in and being appointed MS. I did the same thing, I stepped down. And yes, they treat you different.

If you want simplicity try to fade. If you are the bolder type tell'em to F**k Off!

More power too ya!

Quirky

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Welcome. I am new too. Very similar story! I am a servant and have been hounded about my time. Why can't they see it just a bunch of 'men pleasing'. It's really strange when you start to wake up.

• heybaby
    heybaby

It's great to know we are not alone!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In general, Ministerial Servants and Elders are "required" to keep up with the national average, as published in the KM. Another way to state this is "10 hours is the magic number".

While at Bethel, I struggled to get even 6 to 8 hours each month, in the field ministry. One Circuit Overseer threatened to remove me as a Ministerial Servant if I did not increase my hours. (This threat was done in public, during the meeting with the Elders and Ministerial Servants, during his visit.) Needless to say, the 44 hours of Special Full-Time Service I performed at Bethel was not "enough" for the Circuit Overseer. A balanced elder (a Bethelite) spoke to me after that meeting and said the following: "If this guy [Circuit Overseer] can't show up every six months and be encouraging, forget him! We'll see him in six months!"

You can never do enough. It's a numbers game and it has nothing to do with your heart condition or your love for God. The Circuit Overseer needs his report to look good. Appearances mean everything. If you're getting 100 hour per month, but the friends don't see you "taking the lead" in the ministry, it's not enough.

From what I've read, this is very typical of most cults. You must EARN your salvation and have the works to prove you're making the grade.

Romans 14:23b tells us the following: "Everything that does not proceed out of faith is sin."

If you're engaging in the ministry to simply "count time" or "get your hours in", does it really proceed from faith?

• Honesty
    Honesty

"The Truth" isn't the truth and the WTBTS does not have a direct pipeline to Jehovah and they aren't his chosen representation.

They are, quite simply, just an American cult.

If it was "the truth" and Jehovah's favorite, then what you've been observing in your congregation wouldn't exist.

Lady Zombie

EXACTLY.

For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift — not from works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If all of your jw family lives in the same city, can you and your husband move away? It would make the fade a lot easier.

• heybaby
    heybaby

I wish we could move. There are a few problems though. My husband is not 100% convinced yet. I am, but he's still hanging out, although not as hard.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome! Sounds like you and your honey are on the right track. Stick around, the more you learn, the more you heal.

Love,
    Baba.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Welcome, you will get lots of sincere advice here.

xxx SC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit