Now Witnesses saying "Gas Prices" show we are in the Tribulation!!

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    In Venezuela, they pay 10 cents a gallon due to gov. subsidization, but in the Netherlands, where its taxed heavily, its about $10 a gallon. What does that mean as far as Armageddon is concerned?
    That it's already started in the Netherlands and hasn't reached Venezuela yet.

LMAO @ mrs.j

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh the rumor hotline is with us again. Keeping the drones overly concerned about Armageddon just keeps them off track to all the crap they buy from the GB

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Actually, being an economist, the reason of the inflated gas prices is simple.

Human Greed

Alguem, I agree with some of what you say but not all of it. As an economist, I’m sure you will agree that in the long term it is Supply and Demand that dictate the price of a commodity. Sure, speculation is part of what is causing the short term increase in the petroleum price. However in the long run demand will increase (for the reasons you mentioned) but the supply will be drastically reduced. This is because the world’s oil fields have peaked or will peak shortly. Once an oil filed peaks you can look for a 3% to 7% annual decline in oil production. It is the gap in supply and demand that is wreaking havoc on the world economy including food production.

Currently the world demand for petroleum and natural gas is 87 million barrels a day and the supply is around 85 million barrels a day. In about 10 years world production will be about half of what it is now and China alone (at current pace of growth) will be needing 85 million barrels a day, All of this is a formula for disaster resulting in global famine and the real possibility of a World War.

As far as being in the Great Tribulation, the official WTS teaching is that it begins with the destruction of religion and that has not yet happened. Also, the Great Tribulation is from Jehovah as part of bringing to ruin those ruining the earth (Rev. 11:18). So any JW that believes the Great Tribulation has already started is espousing apostate (lol) teachings.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Yes. Jesus said that in Mat 24:88. Look it up.

LOL

• 1914BS
    1914BS

my two cents, Gas prices are headed way up because imminent Iran US war. Many say a tripling of current gas prices one week after war begins. I would encourage you all to get down on your knees and pray to the LORD when this happens

It could be world war 3

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

wow i used to live on 2488 north jerusalem avenue. the symbolism is stunning. the end is nigh

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Americans finally have to deal with high energy prices like the rest of the world has for decades.

I mean, we are just so close now...

• Alguém
    Alguém

FairMind: Yes indeed, the demand for gas will constantly increase and, like you said, the supply of oil will peak, which is what I mention in the Peak Oil happening. In the long run it'll be indeed an increase of demand and a decrease of supply that will drive prices up. However the economics community at this point has concluded that 70% of the price of oil is due to speculation and it won't change anytime soon since speculators are indeed driving prices up and up for their own benefits and it's a situation that will indeed keep on going for a long, long time, pressuring demand all the way. In the long run we do hope the speculators will give gas a break but if there wasn't any speculation on the gas prices then the prices would have been up due to the demand and supply, as you correctly mentioned, but not at the levels that they are today.

Take care.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My witness in laws have been visiting from Florida the past week . Their conversation always turns into "things are so bad now , gas prices , people losing jobs , crime rate ........wait for it ......yes there it is "the end is sooooo close things are only going to get worse ect. ect .We've only seen the tip of the iceberg ....ack

They absolutly hate talking to me because I refuse to indulge their negative outlook . I talk about how great our kids are doing , our future plans , anything positive and upbeat . They just sit there eye lids fluttering .......why is it some people just love wallowing in negativity ?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

They absolutly hate talking to me because I refuse to indulge their negative outlook . I talk about how great our kids are doing , our future plans , anything positive and upbeat . They just sit there eye lids fluttering .......why is it some people just love wallowing in negativity ?

Excellent, troubel minded!

That is one of the best ways to help open up their minds indirectly. JWs have this pompous attitude toward anyone who has left the organization - and basically assume they will be miserable and their life will be filled with problems for turning their back on the WT. It is a wonderful thing, when they observe the opposite thing occuring.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit