What would you say?

by misguided 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Gopher

I agree

I had a similar thing happen when my son was young.
    By my parents no less.

I simply explained to my son what it all meant.
    I explained that if he disagreed with those type
    of comments that he should be prepared to defend
    himself as well as me.

He was 15 years old at the time.
    Next time it happened (it will happen again)
    he took care of it.
    Stopped it in its tracks.

BTW
    He never was nor would ever be a JW.
    He has seen them for what they are.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

From Wendy's website: "Treatment & Communications Promise. You will be treated with respect, and recognized
    for your accomplishments, and provided with a work environment that is safe, secure and professionally managed.
    You'll have access to business information needed to successfully perform your role."

Also, "Hiring the best person for each position gives us a competitive edge, and the diversity of our workforce is
    a reflection of today's global community. The individuals who make up our restaurant teams and office staff come
    from all walks of life, including a variety of cultures, ethnic backgrounds and life experiences. Guided by the principles
    of fairness and inclusiveness, we're committed to building, supporting and empowering a truly diverse workforce."

This is *workplace harassment* due to a patron's religious bias. Your son should report this customer to his manager.
    Wendy's could be sued (by your son) if they require him to undergo such duress on the job. It is not a "safe, secure"
    work environment if employees are harassed by aggressive religious loonies.

The customer is NOT always right. This case is no different than if the elder made targeted sexual or racist remarks.

And your son being a minor makes the issue even more sensitive... The adult patron is harassing a minor employee to
    defy his *legal guardians* by returning to an organization that is known for harboring sexual predators of minors.

Wendy's probably also has rules against solicitation and proselytizing as most places of business do. Use them!
    The elder is taking advantage of the "public" nature of a fast-food joint, but it is a place of business first and foremost.

Have your son quietly explain this situation to his manager and request another that employee or the manager serve
    Elder Nosey in the future. Wendy's the corporation has a legal obligation to protect your son, and I believe they will.

~Sue

• restrangled
    restrangled

Misguided....

When my son was 10 years old, and I had been out at least 15 years living in another state, my mom had an elder call on me. When I answered the door my son was standing next to me. He was involved with the city boy's choir, and this elder was apparently aware of it. In front of my son, he said to me, "You are ruining this boys consience, and we as parents would be held accountable to Jehovah for allowing him to sing pagan songs and attend Christmas performances for a pagan church."

He started flipping through his bible to quote some scripture which gave me time to gather my wits. I told him in no uncertain terms, he should mind his own business, that we were the parents and know whats best for our children, and not to come back to my door.

I wish I would have been nastier.

Turns out, about 8 years later, this PO developed Alzhiemers and became such a hind-end grabber of the young females in the hall they had to keep him home.

I would get a restraining order as suggested by someone else.

Take care,

r.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Perhaps you should allow your son to speak and think for himself.

I'll bet this man's comments didn't make your son want to run back to the KHall, but possibly had the opposite effect.

I'll bet he doesn't enjoy someone downing his mom.

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

I know some people would object to my methods but oh well. I wish someone would say that to my child. The guys jaw would be broken by me personally.

That is way over the line to say something like that to someones child. That kind of behavior needs to be nipped in the bud quickly.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

First of all, as per some of the other suggestions, there is NO way a Judge would grant a restraining order over one comment like this. Second, if it were me I would ABSOLUTELY call the motherf***** and give him a piece of my mind. Fortunately your son is old enough to speak his mind and let him know that if this happens again that he has the go ahead to do so.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"I will be speaking to a lawyer about slander if you ever tell my son anything
    about me being a bad influence on him. As a matter of fact, I will probably get
    a restraining order if you go near him other than to order a hamburger, maybe
    even then. I imagine it's possible that you are stalking him and I have heard
    how WT Society protects pedophile elders so they don't tarnish the organization.

You are looking for a world of sh^t if you just don't back off. See you in court if
    I hear anything more."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit