What would you say?

by misguided 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• misguided
    misguided

My 16-year-old son works at the local Wendy's restaurant. The other day while my son was taking his order, a JW elder told him that I, his mother, was a bad influence on him, and that he should come back to the meetings.

I feel so undermined, and I really want to give this guy a piece of my mind...

I thought I'd ask you all first just what you would say...since you're all amazingly bright people and I'm not.

Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: we've been out for over 6 years now.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Misguided,

I would gently grab the bastard by the neck and tell him to stay out of my and my son's business. I would threaten him with trying to bring my son back into a pedophile den. Have articles ready!

• Priest73
    Priest73

I would find out where he works and do something equally offensive there. Like maybe taking a crap on his desk and call it a Watchtower.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Misguided,

I would take advantage of the situation to say to your 16-year-old son -- that he just saw a prime example of how Jehovah's Witnesses try to break up families, and that many people will come and go in your life but your family will (or should) always be there as your support structure.

I'll leave to others what to say to the son-of-a-bitch elder.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I would tell my son to tell him (or do it myself) that when JW's make Jesus the Centerpiece, I may think about returning, and that my son can make up his own mind. Thank you very much.

Sylvia

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Tell him to mind his business and don't ever speak with your minor child again!

nj

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Did your son say anything in reply?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Restraining order.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

What did your son say to him?

What a freakin' idiot that elder is. I think I would have to call him up and give him a good cussin. As far as what exactly to say...If your mad enough it should be easy to find just the right words!

• *summer*
    *summer*
    ...since you're all amazingly bright people and I'm not.

please, do not underestimate yourself so much...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit