ANYONE IN JACKSONVILLE, FL AREA?

by purplesofa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am in the area (Neptune Beach) checking things out.

Anyone from here?

purps

ps Isn't the beach awesome? Seven blocks from the beach!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

I used to have friends in Jacksonville and have enjoyed those beaches. That's a really nice area.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am checking out places where I might find people interested in some of my drawings.....new stuff I don't have online.....purpledoodles.com

Any help would be appreciated.........and If you just want to get together pm me.

purps

• orbison11
    orbison11

oh so cool, you are near a beach

when i win the lotto,,(yes, when), that will be my place,,water,,,,cottage, wharf,,,two pups, two cats,,,boat,,my dream

you go girl

wendy

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

bttt

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

so ....I get up very early this am.....off to ride my bike to the beach....a mile away. I am going from the backyard to the front, going thru a privacy fence gate. So I think gate doors open by hinges....not this one. Not attached and it falls, not on me, away from me. So I step to pick it back up......and step on a nail, goes right thru my shoe, thru my foot, thru skin, muscle, tissue....I can feel it. It hurts, but I am determined to get to the beach.

The ride was nice, I am really out of shape. One mile to the beach felt like ten or twenty. It's wonderful here....pedestrians have the right of way....you know like how it is at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Bikers have the right of way too!!!

Stopped for some bottled water and then on to the shore. It was early so not many people there.

So beautiful, waves coming in and out. People already trying to surf, not sure the waves were kind to them, but they made the trip there and were giving it their all. Alot of joggers and walkers, must be doing their daily exercise routine.....and I could not help but to think, a sort of meditation, tossing out bad stuff as the waves rolled out....and getting renewed with each incoming wave.

I could not venture off too far.....I had no lock for the bike.

I walked in the water, collected seashells....watched the gulls.

An older man was walking to and fro, with a metal detector.......hope he found something awesome. I picked up a huge fishing lure, with a hefty weight on it....hook that looked like it could withstand a bite from the shark in JAWS........anyway, I tossed it in the trash.

Soon a large group of the most beautiful people came on the beach.....all dressed in red trunks and bikinis. Lifeguards, I guessed, jogging down the beach. Oh, I wish I was young again.

How I wished I had made this trip so many years ago when I was younger. but I am here now and it's really really nice.

Hope you all have a great day.

purps

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Hei, Purps,

enjoy Florida, which I only know through TV series and news. If it is as unsecure as they say in the papers, just watch out. Wish you success with your project.

• Blasty
    Blasty

I'm in central florida, not as close to the beach, but about an hour. I think south florida is the problem area really, not so much central or North.

Hey purps, the florida beaches are nice, but I'd like to highly recommend some of the beaches in the carribean. Cozumel Mexico, or maybe St. Thomas. Cruises are amazingly cheap these days, and those beaches are straight out of the corona commercials.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I was Baptized in Jacksonville.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    I think south florida is the problem area really, not so much central or North.

Blasty !!!!!!! What are you saying ???????

If you don't like the beaches here in South Florida ... well ... I don't know what to say.

In the South Beach area of Miami you have one of the most famous beaches in the world. Plus, unlike other parts of Florida, women can let the puppies breath (or everything breath on parts of North Miami Beach).

Gotta tell ya, Ms. Rub a Dub hates tan lines and (IMHO) Miami is the place to be.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit