Do you feel threatened by....

by Greensleeves 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

No, got my own pain killer going...A glass of red wine...

Sorry to here that you almost had an accident, cut badly? Loss of feeling?

I'm sometimes sqeemish to blood...and I wanted to be an R.N.....well only if its mine.

cheers,

nice to meet you also..

I made the mistake of putting my finger close to a 4-tooth endmill in a milling machine. I didn't realize that I had failed to put the feed in the neutral position.

I am a machinist and I let a preoccupied mind cause an accident that sent me to the ER. I only needed 6 stitches. But the experience provided me with a good lesson and Vicodin. I like my Vicodin with Beer, and that is where I am at right now. No Pain. But a thumb that looks like a behive because of all the wrappings.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Did this just happen this week? Bad thing about being a machinists you've really got to focus on what your doing.

h4o

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

It happened on Wednessday. I took yesterday off from work. I worked today, but all of the movement made my thumb hurt really bad. Oh yeah, today is Saturday. I worked yesterday.LOL.

I should have been paying better attention. I am a good machinist by god, but it only takes one second of stupidity. My thumb really is shredded and my fingernail will fall off.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

I forgot to ask how you know what a machinist does.

Nobody knows what that means.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Gee you took the words out of my mouth I was thinking Wednesday...for some reason..

Make sure you really don't get the dressing wet...keep it really clean so you don't get any infection.

Ooh, I'm feeling for you....

h4o

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I do know....ex -husband was a machinist....

h4o

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I made the mistake of putting my finger close to a 4-tooth endmill in a milling machine. I didn't realize that I had failed to put the feed in the neutral position.

Milling machines always used to scare me to death as well. When I was a miller I used to sometimes think about what could happen if I got wrapped up in the mill, especially when I was doing a finishing cut and blowing away the swarf, with your hand right by the mill. If it really got you it would rip your arm off…..

Hope your injury isn’t too bad……

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

Thanks Hope.

I am taking care of it.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    When I was a miller I used to sometimes think about what could happen if I got wrapped up in the mill

Well Mr. Majestic I learned something new about you again.....

Greensleeves......take care you got past page 2 for sure......sorry we sort of

hijacked your thread. I'll pm you in a couple of days to check up on you...lol

hope4

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

Hope your injury isn’t too bad……

Not too bad, but bad enough to hurt my pride. I am lucky. But I have seriously doped myself up, and feel very little pain right now. Possibly have made an ass of myself though. If anyone is wondering, it isn't that hard to type with a bad thumb, LOL! But the nail was shattered and will be really messed up for some time because the endmill cut into the nail bed.

Wow! It is so cool that there are folks out there that understand what happened and know the life of a Machinist. So Cool!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit