Do you feel threatened by....

by Greensleeves 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

dude...

i did unassigned territory in marietta!!!!

anyway, i think you are totally right.

people certainly have an axe to grind here, and it gets in the way of the "real" issues. I have noticed people ignored when opposing opinions, accused of "disrupting the flow of threads" being a "troll" and being disfellowshipped from this forum when it comes down to it.

Its an interesting place, but watch how you tread :)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Is Ohio U in Marietta?

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Awww...don't take it personally Greenslevees. I've ended a few threads in my time too but most of my posts just get ignored. That doesn't stop me from posting though. It's like Gopher said, some threads catch fire, others don't. I read way more threads than I post to because most either don't capture my interest or I really can't add anything to the discussion or contribute a witty comment so I just leave it.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

As long as politics,religion (other than JW's) and sexuality aren't discussed, then the board flows much smoother, but get into a discussion of the above 3 and darts will be thrown from all directions.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

Gopher, you seem like a good fella. I know how the forum works. I don't feel slighted or anything like that. I used to come to this forum a long time ago, and had bad experience. Maybe I do feel slighted by the moderators. I also find it interesting that some posts ended with my post the last one when they were on "fire".

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

The Marrieta congregation was really cool, btw. I stayed with an awesome pioneer couple and they were extremely generous. They probably dont totally remember me, but wow, what a cute wife ;)

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

Junction Guy,

Is Ohio U in Marietta?

OU is in Athens, OH. That is the first place I moved when I left NY. Pretty cool place. I went to the Athens North Congregation for a short time. That is were some of my family attends meetings.

I never attended any meetings in Marietta. The congregation I know of is in Devola, which is right outside Marietta. I actually live in their territory. Figure that one out. At least 25 Miles away, and other congregations are closer. How am I in their territory? Who knows, but I have received visits from them. Maybe I met the hot wife?

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

it MAY have been devola.

all i know is we worked marrieta all the time.

the wife has a cute face, and a nice behind, prolly 30 yrs old. Her husband kinda looks like a peanut.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Less than 30 posts and complaining that no one is responding?

Hey bud, this might come as a surprise, but the earth doesn't revolve around you.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves
    dude...

i did unassigned territory in marietta!!!!

anyway, i think you are totally right.

people certainly have an axe to grind here, and it gets in the way of the "real" issues. I have noticed people ignored when opposing opinions, accused of "disrupting the flow of threads" being a "troll" and being disfellowshipped from this forum when it comes down to it.

Its an interesting place, but watch how you tread :)

Watch how you tread indeed my friend. I have at least one strike against me already because one of my posts was pulled by the moderators.LOL.

It's really cool that you know the area that I live in. "Big" river city of Marietta. A very pretty city it is, and small. The River Front Roar is going on this weekend, and there should be some good Blues Bands playing at the Lafayette Hotel. There always is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit