"Taking care of a worldly friend isn't as important as the meetings!"

by Lady Zombie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

You were, even after the call back, a LOT more patient with your mom than I would have been! I remember a sister in our hall who was ALWAYS in the frickin bathroom gossipping during meetings. She like LIVED in there. And she had to have a hysterectomy. So what did she do? The next DAY after the hysterectomy she comes into the hall, in a wheel chair pushed by her husband, flanked by her kids, looking all drawn and weak telling EVERYBODY SHE SAW how "important it is to be at the meetings to receive Jehovahs bountiful feast...blah fricking blah blah blah and I left the hospital against the doctors orders but HAD to get to the hall and..." it was all a SHOW!! She did that alllll for attention. And as soon as she was well, she was right back in the bathroom missing most of the meetings gossipping.

Yeah....those meetings are sooooo important arent they?? How would mom have reacted if this was a JW who needed the help? Would she have insisted you drag her to the meeting too??

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

It always amazes me that JW claim to be Christian but they don't have a freakin clue about what Jesus taught!

(Jesus being a fictional character from my perspective, but that's beside the point)

• lancelink
    lancelink

her name wouldn't happen to be Renee would it ?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    You really must send her a copy of the story of the Good Samaritan.

A very good example for most JWs. Of course, they can't think for their self, so they may not get the meaning.

• flipper
    flipper

LADY ZOMBIE- I'm sure this was quite an eye opener for you regarding your mother's attitude. I'm sorry she acts this way and thinks this way. It is true like Minimus says ; witnesses have lost natural affection normally shown to fellow humans. I have a witness sister in law and brother who don't want the responsibility to help care for my sister who had a stroke ; because they are too busy in the regional building committee program with my brother's position. They try to make my sisters daughter who lives 10 hours away feel guilty for not taking her mother in , despite the fact my sister wants to live near where my parents, brother and sister in law live. The excuses these people make for not taking care of people in need are absolutely disgusting

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Since the whole idea is to be a good witness and convert others, you could have asked your mother what would be a better witness to your friend, supporting her after her surgery, or ditching her to make the meeting?

Co

• nondescriptex
    nondescriptex

A typical example of what is so obviously wrong with JW thinking. Strain out the gnat and swallow the camel, follow the letter of the law and miss the spirit of the law, obsessive devotion to man-made rules and regulations, and so on. I wonder if they will ever recogize they have fallen in to the same corruption as the Pharisees.

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

wow. That's all I can say.:-o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit