"Taking care of a worldly friend isn't as important as the meetings!"

by Lady Zombie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Lady Zombie, some more scriptural examples to show your mother:

Matthew 25:34-46

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Luke 13:10-17

10On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, 11and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. 12When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, "Woman, you are set free from your infirmity." 13Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.
    14Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue ruler said to the people, "There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath."

15The Lord answered him, "You hypocrites! Doesn't each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water? 16Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?"

17When he said this, all his opponents were humiliated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things he was doing.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Very good scriptures, friends.

BTS

• sir82
    sir82
    'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

That one won't work, per WTS ideology, "Jesus' brothers" are the 0.0001% of the human population that fit their definition being "anointed Christians".

• minimus
    minimus

JWs just simply have lost "natural affection". That IS a sign of the last days, right??

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

The thing about showing a JW scriptures that denounce the way they're behaving is, a JW thinks that as long as they're doing everything the WTBTS and FDS tells them to do, they're in the right.

Even if it means ignoring what the bible says.

You know what I'm saying.

The WTBTS basically tells them meeting attendance is tantamount to surviving the Big A, so a JW will ignore any other obligations in order to make the meetings, including being a good Samaritian!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That one won't work, per WTS ideology, "Jesus' brothers" are the 0.0001% of the human population that fit their definition being "anointed Christians".

That doesn't work for me. Since when is a stranger a "brother" in the fashion the WT describe?

BTS

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

sir82:

'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

If that's the response, then simply show Matthew 5:43-48:

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Next time mum is sick go pioneering and to ALL the meetings...and tell her "the Kingdom" comes first and you don't have time to buy her damn Orange juice and tablets!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Perhaps now is the time to lay down the law. If they are not willing to put up with missage of boasting sessions for such emergencies, then it's time to stop going to any meetings at all (and out in field circus).

• Quandry
    Quandry

The elder asked if my parents knew when my meeting was, I said yes I'm sure they do. His response was for me to tell them that I'm going to the meeting and if they still need my help after the meeting I'll come over then . After that I couldn't go to a meeting and see this elder at the KH, I was so disgusted.

BB

Here's the call:

Mom: "Can you come over quickly? Dad fell down and hurt himself and I can't lift him."

You: "Well, bring him a pillow, and leave him on the floor. If anything is broken, just elevate it and give him an aspirin. I am just on my way to a meeting. Shouldn't be more than three hours till I get there."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit