"Taking care of a worldly friend isn't as important as the meetings!"

by Lady Zombie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

My best friend, who is *gasp* "worldly" had a semi-major surgery Monday. She had asked me if she could recooperate at my place. It's nice and quiet at my place and besides, she knows I'll spoil her rotten.

Yesterday (Thursday) I had to take her to her doctor's for a post surgery check when I got off of work. We had a bit of a wait and then the doctor wanted to re-dress her bandages, do some lab work, etc. He then wrote some prescriptions that he wanted her to get filled and start taking, so after the doctor's, we went to the pharmacy. There was a long wait there too.

Needless to say, when I got her back home to my place, there was only 40 minutes before the Thursday night Theo-craptic ministry school meeting started and I still had to fix her some dinner and dope her up with her pain medication.

Just as I helped her into the bed, my phone rang. It was my mother. She asked how Cxxxy was doing, so I recounted everything we had been through at the doctor's and the pharmacy. Then.....

Mom: Can you come to the meeting tonight?

Me: What? Uh...probably not, mom. I still have to make Cxxxy some dinner and give her her medication.

Mom: Well, can't you do that and still make it? It doesn't matter if you're a little bit late.

Me: I don't think so. Besides, I've been up since 5:00 am. I want to get her all settled then I'm going to go to bed because I'm really tired.

Mom: (disgusted tone of voice) Well, you should have thought about that before you let her stay with you. Having her stay at your place is going to make you miss meetings. Taking care of a worldly friend isn't as important as getting to the meetings, you know.

At this point, I'm good and pissed off. She was serious too! Apparently, honoring your worldly best friend's request to take care of her after having surgery isn't as important as going to a cult meeting where techniques of recruitment are refined. I don't even go in FS either!

I was so angry, I just got off the phone as quick as I could. Then I got angrier, and called her right back.

Me: You know, if dad, or anyone you care about, was over there recooperating from surgery and needed some help, you'd miss a meeting or two.

Mom: Yes, but she's worldly.

So, yet another example of fine "Christian" behavior of a well indoctrinated and hopelessly brain washed JW.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

To a Witness worldly people are in 4th place after 2.animals and 3. plants....my mum has a panic attack if she's going to miss a meeting.....she would rather die then miss Sunday's.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is what you gain from taking care of a worldly friend: Companionship. The knowledge that you are making that friend a bit more comfortable, especially in a time of need. And that friend will probably (or would have, had it not been for those cockroach witlesses) gotten better sooner.

This is what you gain from attending the boasting session: Another run of how you are supposed to spend your time out in field circus, and another round of canned Washtowel readings and False Reasoning Book takes on the scriptures (which you can always read on your own if you feel like it). And the announcements--anything big will end up here.

Obviously, the witlesses do not have their priorities straight.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You really must send her a copy of the story of the Good Samaritan. You know, the one from the bible.

Who Will Help?: Luke 10: 25-37 (The Good Samaritan) (Hear Me Read Level 1 Series) (Hear Me Read Level 1 Series) by Mary Manz Simon and Dennis Jones ( Paperback - Jan 1, 1990)
  • carla
    carla

I agree with jgnat! Refuse to discuss anything else until she has read it and apologized for her unchristian behavior.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

It's time to make the break and spend more time with your"worldly" best friend. You have us and your friend to support you. Good luck to you. We're all on your side.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I got the same thing from the elders while taking care of my ill JW parents. We lived in the same city, different congs. Both had serious health issues, and many times I'd get a phone call asking if I could come over right away for some emergency, and there were times this happened to be on my meeting night, as I was dressed and ready to go out the door. During a "shepherding call", when asked why I was missing so many meetings, I explained the situation. The elder asked if my parents knew when my meeting was, I said yes I'm sure they do. His response was for me to tell them that I'm going to the meeting and if they still need my help after the meeting I'll come over then . After that I couldn't go to a meeting and see this elder at the KH, I was so disgusted.

BB

• sacolton
    sacolton

When Jesus asked him what was written in the Law and how did this expert understand its interpretation, the man said: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Jesus agreed but the man persisted in trying to trick Jesus by asking: "And who is my neighbor?"

According to the WTBTS, only the members of the congregation in good standing. Everyone else you avoid because they are bird food when Armageddon comes.

They teach "The Parable of the Good Jehovah's Witness".

Isn't it sickening how unChristian they are?

• changeling
    changeling

Sickening but typical. Also very sad.

changeling :)

• blondie
    blondie
    Having her stay at your place is going to make you miss meetings. Taking care of a worldly friend isn't as important as getting to the meetings, you know.

Yes, that is what the Levite and priest thought when they did not help a fellow Jew who had been beaten and robbed. It took the wicked Samaritan to show true love.

(Luke 10:29-37) 29 But, wanting to prove himself righteous, the man said to Jesus: "Who really is my neighbor?" 30 In reply Jesus said: "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jer´i·cho and fell among robbers, who both stripped him and inflicted blows, and went off, leaving him half-dead. 31 Now, by coincidence, a certain priest was going down over that road, but, when he saw him, he went by on the opposite side. 32 Likewise, a Levite also, when he got down to the place and saw him, went by on the opposite side. 33 But a certain Sa·mar´i·tan traveling the road came upon him and, at seeing him, he was moved with pity. 34 So he approached him and bound up his wounds, pouring oil and wine upon them. Then he mounted him upon his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two de·nar´i·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said, ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I come back here.’ 36 Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man that fell among the robbers?" 37 He said: "The one that acted mercifully toward him." Jesus then said to him: "Go your way and be doing the same yourself."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit