Paradise on earth?

by bbinkss 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bbinkss
    bbinkss

This thread has probably been 'done' a million times before but as I am fairly new to the forum I would like to ask (Quite Seriously)........

If you still beleive in God do you also still believe in paradise on earth?

My friend has realised that it's not the truth.....not sure whether her belief in the above will change though.

Thenks Bbinkss

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

I'm not sure what to tell you. Studying with the JWs sorta screwed me up with that one, so I don't know anymore. Now, when people bring up the subject of the afterlife with me, I just tell them that God has good things in store for His followers and believers. That way, I'm covering my bases whether we die and go to heaven as some believe, or die and are resurrected to a new earth, as others believe. Sowwy, not much help.

• yknot
    yknot

Rev 21 says new heaven & earth.....new being subjective of course.

Rev 22 say river with trees producing crops each month....

I think it is impossible to have a detailed concept of life during or after the milennial reign....

• bbinkss
    bbinkss

Almostbitten.... yeah studying with them screwed me up too, very confused now! btw your posts crack me up!

Bbinkss

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

At the end of the day that bible does talk about life on earth, but it also talks about going to heaven.

The above comment ain't much help really is it....??

• sacolton
    sacolton

2 Peter 3:10 clearly shows that God is going to destroy everything on earth with fire. The surface of the earth will be remade, but not by JWs.

• trevor
    trevor

Paradise already exists on earth.

In my case it is a village pub called The George & Dragon just 5 minutes from my house. George is a good landlord but I have yet to meet the dragon. She stays upstairs.

Maybe your paradise is waiting for you just around the corner. 'Heaven is a place on earth.'

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe it's up to man to create paradise on earth. The problem is that a few have taken power to rule the others, and use force to back up the laws preventing society from creating that paradise. They dumb down the masses to keep them compliant, and then imprison and impoverish anyone that tries to work around them.

Ultimately, if these people remain in power, we will always have trouble. Either we will totally ruin the earth and annihilate ourselves, or be trapped forever in the Second Dark Ages under the Washtowel Slaveholdery (and no paradise). Set free, we will eventually create paradise. Either way, that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag called Jehovah will not get the credit.

• ataloa
    ataloa

I believe that some day people will be living in a paradise earth; just like we would all still be doing if not for Adam's sin. Of course, some will go to heaven also. They are both just abodes. I think one reason so many are now repulsed by it is thinking that the JW's will be there still lording it over them, and that is just not true.If people like that were allowed there, it certainly could never be a paradise. I am speaking mostly of the leadership, not the commoners.

The WTS has a lot of things wrong; but they do have some things right. Doesn't mean they are approved by God. Just because I believe in paradise earth does not mean I will be judged worthy to live there, any more than they.

Just my personal opinion.

• TheListener
    TheListener

My dub years have messed me up on this issue as well. I ask a lot of people this question and I usually get weird stares in return. One person asked me why I care? I am always tryng to find out what other religions teach regarding a paradise earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit