The real me

by Junction-Guy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

The 'real' any one is a mixture of personalities. Everyone has a mind split into warring factions.

There is the faction of What I Want Everone To Think Of Me. This faction almost always appears good and noble. This is the guy we show to the world. This is who I think I am.

Another faction is the Ugly Slimy Bastard. He is every bit a part of who we are. We just dont like to admit it.

In a perfect world people would only ever see the person that I picture myself to be. That would be awesome. Alas, some people also see the Ugly Slimy Bastard and call him out. People who see only the me that I want them to see are decent good people.

People who see the ugly slimy bastard that is also a part of who I am, well they are just rotten ones.

Sometimes, IPSEC, you are pure genius.

Sometimes ugly slimy bastard. Does that make me half decent?

Seriously - very astute post. When confronted with choices, however briefly, the unethical may cross our minds, even just for the purposes of comparison.

for the record - you are good people.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    There are some good people on this board, and then there are some rotten ones who chose to belittle me due to their prejudices..

I have nothing against you JG however I find it ironic that you are tisk tisking those "rotten ones" who chose to belittle you due to their prejudices.....ummm, its your prejudices that you repeatedly expel like hot air that cause you much of the grief you are now whining about. If you chose to make negative comments on gay threads, repeatedly, you can't expect that you won't receive some kind of negative response from those who adamently disagree with your prejudices.

I am sure you are probably a very nice guy and easy to talk to...however, if I met you in person and you started talking about anyone with a "gay lifestyle" in the way you have written about them, I know I wouldn't stay enamored of your friendly attitude for long. So, I say good luck to you and be who you are, but dont' expect me to keep my mouth shut when I disagree, it is't going to happen. Free speech and all.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    There are some good people on this board,

You just said a mouthful, and didn't choke one bit!

You are a good person, JG. I've mentioned this often; every poster projects an aura.

Yours is as open and honest as a view from the Smokies.

Peace and love to you.

Sylvia

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sometimes, IPSEC, you are pure genius.

Sometimes ugly slimy bastard. Does that make me half decent?

Yes, of course, most people are exactly half "decent" You are a gem though.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Oh c'mon IP... you know you love the c*ck.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Oh c'mon IP... you know you love the c*ck.

Correction. I love my cock.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you Shutterbug, I really enjoyed meeting up with you and your family in Amarillo, hopefully someday I can afford another trip to Texas and we can do dinner again.

Thanks Sylvia, you are a kind person and maybe someday I will have the pleasure of meeting you in person.

Once again thanks Flyinghighnow, if I am ever in Michigan again I will be sure to visit with you.

• JK666
    JK666

J-G,

I am probably one of the "evil ones" that you are talking about. I know that we have gone to battle in the past. But I really do not have any ill will towards you.

We had some heated political threads, and both of us took pot shots at each other. Lets just bury the hatchet (not in each other).

Just figure out who the real you is. Good luck.

JK

• Satanus
    Satanus

In american movies,you need a good guy(s) and a bad guy(s). You can add an ugly guy for more interest. The movie entitled 'the good the bad and the ugly' is a good example. Hollywood has mostly continued to follow this script. And so, we don't want to be seen as the bad guy, and we put on our good guy up front as much as possible. We suppress our negative aspects. However, in meditation, one can open the door(s) to the dark side and walk down the hallway of shadows, so to speak. After a while, the hallway isn't so dark anymore, as light starts to penetrate and neutralize the dark.

Some eastern movies acknowledge that all can be good guys sometimes and bad guys sometimes. 'Kungfu hustle' is a good example of this.

Bottom line, few people know who they really are.

S

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Wow, thanks JK666, I never expected to hear from you.

Yes, you were one of the bad guys, notice I said "were". You have pretty much left me alone since and likewise I have pretty much moved on from that heated argument we had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit