The real me

by Junction-Guy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

For those of you that don't know me in person and think Im a hateful grump, well that is not the real me.

The real me is a friendly,sociable person. The real me likes to talk with people and laugh.

Amanda used to accuse me of flirting with the waitresses in restaurants, I didn't consider it flirting, just being friendly. Ok, so maybe I did flirt with the chinese waitresses, those asian gals can be so cute and precious,-LOL

I realized this once again on my last trip to Kentucky this past week. I love to talk to people, and everywhere I went there people would strike up conversations with me.

I guess the real me returns every now and then.

Sometimes I wish I could just turn in my notice, pack up and return home. Way too many negative memories here, I don't even think about JWD or gay issues when I am home, I am just too busy enjoying the real me and enjoying life.

There are some good people on this board, and then there are some rotten ones who chose to belittle me due to their prejudices..

• yknot
    yknot

Chin up, tomorrow is a new day!

We all headbutt and get headbutted every now and then.

Your opinions add to the fabric of the board.

Hugs

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Ynot

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Junction Guy good to hear from you. I think your great. Dont let the jerks grind you down.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Jag, I am trying my best not to.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"There are some good people on this board, and then there are some rotten ones who chose to belittle me due to their prejudices.. "

That is life, not everyone is going to like you. I work on the basis that most people will think I'm an idiot, much less disappointment that way.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg
    That is life, not everyone is going to like you. I work on the basis that most people will think I'm an idiot, much less disappointment that way.

Peppermint, I couldn't have said it better . . . works for me also . . .

JG, I 'll have a beer with ya anytime. hang in there buddy. There was a line in the movie "St Elmos Fire" . . . "It ain't easy being me", it has sort of been my personal mantra.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is there such a thing as the "real" anyone? I find in the concept of the "real" an oppressive demand that we "define" ourselves.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I've met Junction Guy on two different occasions and, believe me, he has described the real Junction Guy. I found him to be open, honest and very polite and considerate. My family also responded to him in a positive way. Some people need to get a life. Bug

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The 'real' any one is a mixture of personalities. Everyone has a mind split into warring factions.

There is the faction of What I Want Everone To Think Of Me. This faction almost always appears good and noble. This is the guy we show to the world. This is who I think I am.

Another faction is the Ugly Slimy Bastard. He is every bit a part of who we are. We just dont like to admit it.

In a perfect world people would only ever see the person that I picture myself to be. That would be awesome. Alas, some people also see the Ugly Slimy Bastard and call him out. People who see only the me that I want them to see are decent good people.

People who see the ugly slimy bastard that is also a part of who I am, well they are just rotten ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit