Rutherford......the Pimp?

by Gill 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Frank - Now that makes a lot of sense!

If all the so called 'hanky panky' had been made known you can perhaps understand why the bethel may have been known as a 'brothel'.

Thanks for that information!

Gill

• fjtoth
  • Gill
    Gill

Thank you Frank!

But, nothing remains secret or quiet for long and something must have set the locals up to suspecting, half correctly, that something was 'not quite right in Paradise.'

• yknot
    yknot

Just a thought.......perhaps some 'easy' women were available (read on staff) and kept nearby for certain society men......taking a wink from Bonnie and Berta.

While this wouldn't make them prostitutes perse keeping a roof over their heads, clothed, and fed etc while engaging in sexual activity.....could cause rumors of their living quarters being a house of ill repute.

One things is for sure....Barbara G. Harrison heard they were for such purposes....and I haven't found any society denial.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Gill, You've led me to regret that I participated in this thread. I'm afraid you're reading too much into things due to what you want to believe rather than what actually occurred. Frank

• VM44
    VM44

Frank,

Thank you for attempting to provide some light on this subject.

I am sorry that things sort of went awry.

--VM44

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Thanks VM44, but I've already deleted my entries. I tried to be helpful, but some here seem intent on making my words mean something other than what I intended. Frank.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Frank

I appreciate your comments here.

I can't see a "brothel" in bethel either. It would be so easy to relabel Bethel as Brothel - a play on words. Few outsiders would know what really goes on and most of us know that any neighborhood whare there is a KH there are bound to be complaints about parking, numbers of people parading up and down the street, not paying taxes and therefore using city services free of charge, etc.

Sex has always been a negative and taboo topic with the WTS. From Russell who never consummated his marriage to Rutherford's ver negative attitude about women as long as he had them answering his beck and call both personally and as colporteurs pedalling his publications door to door.

When you think about the rules about opposite gender Bethelites not being in the same room unless chaperoned or the doors open. That is still a requirement.

From the research done here on JWD on Rutherford and his women I have never seen anything to suggest other members of his internal group enjoyed the same kind of services.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Thanks Lady Lee. You see these things as I see them. All the best. Frank

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Why not write to Ray Franz and ask him? He was there during this uh....reign of Rutherford ...right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit