Rutherford......the Pimp?

by Gill 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Is it true, as I was reading yesterday, that Rutherford provided a Brothel for the male members of the Bethel?

I will provide a link later when I get back!

• Gill
    Gill

http://www.freeminds.org/history/mystery_years.htm

Last paragraph of this 'freeminds' article.

• Gill
    Gill

Does anyone know anything of the origin of this article and whether this can be verified?

• Gill
    Gill

So........I take it that this 'freeminds' article is a lie then.

Is no one willing to defend it or is it out and out charactar assassination of a 'good and honourable, christian man'?

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

yeah, this is a bunch of crap.

its too bad anti-witnesses smear any good they have with lies like this.

• Mary
    Mary
    It is highly interesting too that others have lambasted Rutherford for encouraging or directing the smuggling of alcoholic drink into his Brooklyn headquarters during the Prohibition era, turning a blind eye to homosexual activities which only partly declined during the tenure of his successor, Nathan Knorr, and even noted that a brothel was run for the headquarters "Bethelite" men during his time of control.

While I think it's fairly common knowledge that Rutherfraud had an appreciation for good Canuck whiskey during Prohibition, this is the first time I've heard of "a brothel run for headquarters" under his leadership. Up until yesterday, I probably would have dismissed it, but after listening to Barbara Anderson's experience touring Beth Sarim, I was surprised to hear on there from another source that de Judge had a place for all 'his women' right there on the property.

I would like to think that even a nut-case like the second President of the Borg had some scruples, but at this point, I wouldn't put too much past him.

• Priest73
    Priest73

With the rampant homosexuality up in bethel, are sure it wasn't a 'Bro'-thel?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I wouldn't put much faith in the more extreme, or new allegations in that article. What damages it's credibility is the claim that there is 'much evidence' of rusell being a freemason, when there isn't any. Since the writer is wrong about an important point like that, he is most likely wrong on other points. Note too, that the brothel reference is slipped in at the end, after the reader has been conditioned to accept the writing's soundness. My take.

S

Ps, while rutherford may have visited the burlesque, it would take solid documentation to establish the bethel brothel allegation.

• james_woods
    james_woods

He wasn't smart enough to be the pimp. He was the John.

See the thread on Bertha and Bertie, or whatever the mistress secretaries were called.

Knorr was the pimp. Franz was the book.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

These kinds of things should be investigated privately (PMs, e-mails, etc.) before they're mentioned 'publicly', and not mentioned at all without facts to back them up, IMO.

I'd like to be able to look any JW straight in the face and say "No, they are not 'apostate' lies; here are the facts and evidence.", but if they then can point to examples of slander with no proof, then I (and other 'apostates') suddenly don't look so good, and all the proof I can show for will be for naught (in their eyes); forgeries and lies.

So please - although these things can be interesting and there even might be some truth to them; think of people lurking and people we need to explain things to. It's devastating for me anytime an 'apostate' can be said to have lied about these things or fabricated stories/evidence. Fortunately it doesn't happen often, or at all as I have seen.

Investigate it privately and make it public if anything comes out of it, IMO.

Additionally; there's enough to dig into as it is, no need to exaggerate or make up stories.

By all means - if this turns out to be true, it's real dynamite if there is solid evidence for it, otherwise it's just too 'out there' to be of any use other than for us 'apostates' ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit