THE best sentence in the whole Bible that summarizes what i think...

by RedPill2006 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

....Matthew 27:11:

"What is truth?"

35 years of a JW life I have come to the conclusion that this got to be the best sentence in the Bible and reflects my thinking. THREE words......only three words, in form of a question that could have saved me over 30 years of %$#% experiences with the WT.

Think about the deepness of this sentence...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I love it too, particularly because no answer is given.

No one knows truth. It is ignorant for people to think they can go to some spiritual leader and expect him to have truth that nullifies what anyone else believes.

• oompa
    oompa

I am NOT going to get my Bible....but do tell please....What was the great answer?!?!?!?....................oompa

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

John 18:38 would be more like it...

On edit: Nietzsche's commentary (The Antichrist, 46):

Must I add that, in the whole New Testament, there appears but a solitary figure worthy of honour? Pilate, the Roman viceroy. To regard a Jewish imbroglio seriously--that was quite beyond him. One Jew more or less-- what did it matter? . . . The noble scorn of a Roman, before whom the word "truth" was shamelessly mishandled, enriched the New Testament with the only saying that has any value--and that is at once its criticism and its destruction: "What is truth?". . .

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

The other one that follows on from that one for me is Ecclesiastes 1:2 "Everything is vanity", particularly the search for truth.

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

Wow! Narkissos, I didn't knew that Nietzsche said so....

...at least Pilate wasn't a sucker that fell for the lure of finding truth.

That sentence is actually quite important to me, I keep seeing things around me (news, at work, etc.) where people are trying to find the absolute truth. The truth is> there is NONE!

It is refreshing, indeed, to become an Atheist.....more clarity in my mind.....spirits and ghosts are GONE forever......fears and anxieties crushed and shattered in thousand pieces. This is just MY path into mental freedom from these bastards.

RedPill2006.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Eccl 3: 19-20:

For there is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity. 20 All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

OMG . . . You don't suppose that question was asked so that we might actually use our own mind and . . . think!?

For ourself!?

ESTEE

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

At least "Pilate's" question was deliberate irony on the part of the author of the Fourth Gospel...

Otoh Paul's statement as quoted by Primate Dave is unwittingly ironical (as many of his intended ab absurdo arguments, btw).

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

ESTEE: ....yes, I forgot to say so.

Thinking for yourself is TRUE liberty and FREEDOM......

......I have learned to sit through the meetings and completely shut off any outside talking (the great advantage of Kingdumb Hells or ASS-emblies is that everybody GOT TO SHUT UP....so I can think for myself.....actually I have mentally rehearsed stuff that I have to do at work and even devised genius money making businesses.....you've just got to love those meetings.....I just create my own spiritual food....

Peace to you all!!!!

RedPill2006.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit