THE best sentence in the whole Bible that summarizes what i think...

by RedPill2006 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

These are the words in the Bible that now make so much sense to me:

Ps. 146:3

3 Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,

Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Truth has been obscured by our leaders for all of our existence. Every time someone gets to the core of matters, someone else comes along and usurps it to keep man under the control of those leaders. Truth gets obscured. The public gets dumbed down. Stupid laws are passed to limit access to the real truth. And the leaders get rich on the backs of the people.

Religions are even worse. They too obscure the truth, concealing it in layer after layer of myths. The moral code, for instance, should be so simple that a small child would understand it. However, religion has created volumes of codes to confuse the masses. Invariably, needless and stupid rules are created and violations of them are treated as sin. Penance of those sins can range from donating money to the church (or Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, as the case may be), prayers, activities (or withholding of same) in the church, and even death (literal or otherwise). This effectively keeps the members under the control of the leaders.

If someone were to reveal the whole truth, it would be so simple that there would be no need for a religion or government to explain it to the masses. And it would be so clear that arguments would cease, because it would be so blatant that no room for misinterpretation would exist. It would also be illegal, since the governments would lose their power to scam the people for their own wicked gains. Religions would all go bust, including the Washtowel Slaveholdery, because people would need no spiritual guidance.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Very nice specially when you see it from the opposite side of the WT cult...

Mr Majestic nothing is in vanity in this world.Besides the scripture here reflects a personal view of the writter.

My personal scripture is John 3:16-17 it is the meaning of the Christian Gospel, that through Jesus love we are saved...

• dogon
    dogon

I can not find any translation that says "what is truth" Am I missing something here?

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

John 8:7

7 But when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

• 10p
    10p

I'm with you, Nathan and Majestic - I have NO idea how Ecclesiates got into the bible - because it contradicts the rest of the bible completely. No hope of going to heaven/resurrection nada - eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die! I'm sure the last verse of eccl was tacked on by a scribe at a later point in time, because it is the only verse that mentions worshipping god at all, in fact all it says is 'fear the true god and keep his commandments'.

As an aside ... here is a verse we read many times at the hall, but we never seemed to get to the end - I only just noticed this now...

9:5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.

doesn't sound like they're going to a new order!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good selections.

I have attended this year's District Convention, the Super Grand Boasting Session, so this verse seems appropriate:

(Acts 19:32) 32 The fact is, some were crying out one thing and others another; for the assembly was in confusion, and the majority of them did not know the reason why they had come together.

B the X

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Thank you all for the notable gems. "What is Truth?" is the best question to ask.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit