I've Been Talking To My Relatives...

by cognac 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

And it's hard... To see how horrible my family was. I don't even know what to say. It's just hard. I'm just crying...

They really fought for things... Wow, this is so sad... I never saw there side... I'm so sad right now... I'm a bit hysterical right now... I can't get over how sad this is... Just hearing what they went through... With my family...

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Can you give us more information - so we will know how to assist you, or give comforting words ? I'm sorry you are hurting. Speak to us

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

For clarity, you are saying that you have been talking to non-JW family that you
    never really bonded with. You are learning how they view the JW part of the family.

Do I have that right?

• cognac
    cognac

I just can't take this anymore... We hurt them so f*cking bad. We shunned them. They tried to show my parents how things weren't right. We just hated them. They weren't JWs. They wouldn't convert. I missed everything. They did too...

• cognac
    cognac

sorry if this doesn't make sense. I just got through talking to my 87 year old grandma and I'm hysterical. I can't even seen this friggen screen.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'm with Otwo

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'm with Otwo

• cognac
    cognac

yeah otwo.

but, i'm also seeing what we did. not just how they viewed us. what we did to them...

• JK666
    JK666

Cog,

Don't beat yourself up about it. You followed the lead of your parents and the Organization. It was all that you knew. From your frame of reference, you were doing the right thing.

Now you know better. And apparently, you are in communication with them now. Both of you should view this as a gift.

Knowledge is power.

Hugs,

JK

• blondie
    blondie

Take advantage of your knowledge and be glad that they are still alive for you to talk with. My family didn't shun their non-jw relatives which I am happy was the case. My jw family had many flaws, some serious, but at least that wasn't one of them. Just get to know them now.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit