Purple Triangle

by Wordly Andre 35 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Or, Andre, about .000233 or .023% by my calculator?

Talk about a self-absorbed organization.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

not even enough to fill the 144,000 slot

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

makes you think that there were probably more 7th day, Baptist, Quaker etc.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Remember the Ethiopian Jews that were seeking refuge in Israel back in the 80's? I believe? Are all Israeli's (sp?) Jews?

Not all Israelis are Jews. There are Christians and Muslims and Atheists and other types in Israel.

Israelis (and Jews) come in all colors.

The diaspora mixed its blood with people everywhere it settled. The Ethiopian Jews look like other Ethiopians. Ashkenazi Jews look European, Mizrahi/Sephardi Jews look like the brown-skinned peoples that live around the Mediterannean and in the Middle East.

BTS

• undercover
    undercover
    The number of Jehovah's Witnesses who died in concentration camps and prisons during the Nazi era is estimated at 1,000 Germans and 400 from other countries, including about 90 Austrians and 120 Dutch.

Didn't the Society publish higher numbers for years, eventually dropping the total significantly when museums and holocaust memorials listed different totals, totals that could be confirmed through secular sources?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Found this definition in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

1 gen·tile Listen to the pronunciation of 1gentile
    Pronunciation:
    \ ' jen- ? ti(-?)l\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    Middle English, from Late Latin gentilis, from Latin gent-, gens nation
    Date:
    14th century
    1 often capitalized : a person of a non-Jewish nation or of non-Jewish faith ; especially : a Christian as distinguished from a Jew 2 : heathen, pagan 3 often capitalized : a non-Mormon _______________________________ What the hell? non-Mormon? The highlighter's going crazy! I can't turn it off!
  • whitman
    whitman

Good morning folks...I'm a little bleary eyed so I'm not sure whether this has already been mentioned, but there was a JW video around in the 80's called 'The Purple Triangle'. I don't remember watching it myself but I know my grandmother had a copy at one stage and they were being passed around between congregations. Perhaps my grandmother still has her copy....not sure.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sammy Davis was a proselyte.

Maybe the jews dont rate being classified as a race. But I'm pretty sure they qualify as a nationality, or ethnic group, like German, Irish, polish, Italian, Jewish.

They are a people/ religion/ nationality that were dispersed from Israel throughout the world. They claim to be decendents of Abraham, hebrews. So you could be a jew and be a Jehovahs witness, I knew a family like that in Cleveland. They were Jewish Jehovahs witnesses. Jewish was their nationality at least thats what they told me.

They also said after the dispersion in 607 all the records were lost so, if one practiced the jewish faith they were considered jews. And people throughout the world practiced the faith and they have similar features and characteristics.

So, if your not related to Abraham but you want to practice the jewish faith, your a proselyte.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    people that were mostly persecuted were the Jews.

So what.Doesnt change the fact that Witnesses died for their beliefs.It seems to me that some of you on here would rather the figure was much higher for JW murders by the Nazis.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    So what.Doesnt change the fact that Witnesses died for their beliefs.It seems to me that some of you on here would rather the figure was much higher for JW murders by the Nazis.

You're a strange one. I don't know how you got that thought out of the conversation??? It was the Witnesses that were trying to make it appear that they were "the greater number" of sufferers, and NOT anyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit