Purple Triangle

by Wordly Andre 35 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Jewish is a race?

• james_woods
    james_woods

"Jewish is a race" -

That's what the JWs said, not me...kind of hard to explain someone like Sammy Davis Jr. in that context isn't it?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

That's what the JWs said, not me...kind of hard to explain someone like Sammy Davis Jr. in that context isn't it?

Remember the Ethiopian Jews that were seeking refuge in Israel back in the 80's? I believe? Are all Israeli's (sp?) Jews?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    The Washington Post

Refuge for Ethiopia's Jews

From: The Washington Post| Date: December 13, 1987 | Author: Marina Ottaway | Copyright 1987 The Washington Post. This material is published under license from the Washington Post. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Washington Post. Copyright information

RESCUE

The Exodus of the Ethiopian Jews

By Ruth Gruber

Atheneum. 234 pp. $19.95

IN 1984 the secret and daring "Operation Moses" spirited some 10,000 Falashas out of refugee camps in the Sudan and brought them to Israel. Ruth Gruber has written a moving but simplistic account of the operation, glossing over controversies, problems and the fundamental issues surrounding the Ethiopian Jews. Her thesis is simple: the Falashas, a persecuted minority whose fate had w...

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I remember hearing a story of how they tried witnessing to other prisoners while in the camps, now if you were a Jew and have some JW witnessing wouldn't that be a bit rude and weird?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Interesting....I wonder what the Holucost musem says about this.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Looks like I need to make a trip over to the MOT in Los Angeles.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You know, Ms. McDucket, aside from their self-serving "religious persecution" aspect of this, the JW party line always rubbed me wrong on another level, all the way back to the time when I first heard it.

It was very much as if they were trying to minimize the holocaust in regard to the Jews, just to make themselves seem to be the greater and more righteous sufferers. That is reversed-logic BS. People like Anne Franks deserve much more of our respect and sympathy, IMHO, specifically because they had no choice in the matter - truly an innocent victime, having done nothing on her own to cause it.

And, as was posted above, the JWs actually killed in the camps must have been a vanishingly tiny fraction compared to the numbers of innocent Jews.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Since 1945, the most commonly cited figure for the total number of Jews killed has been six million. and The number of Jehovah's Witnesses who died in concentration camps and prisons during the Nazi era is estimated at 1,000 Germans and 400 from other countries, including about 90 Austrians and 120 Dutch.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

And, as was posted above, the JWs actually killed in the camps must have been a vanishingly tiny fraction compared to the numbers of innocent Jews.

Makes you wonder if the JW's were from Israel or Jewish converts so to speak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit