Purple Triangle

by Wordly Andre 35 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Maybe the jews dont rate being classified as a race. But I'm pretty sure they qualify as a nationality, or ethnic group, like German, Irish, polish, Italian, Jewish.

Do the Catholics qualify as an ethnic group? On the proselyte part, a lot of Jews can be proselytes under your definition because they aren't direct descendants of Abraham. The book of Chronicles (I believe?) has the list. Wasn't it kept to know the lineage of Jesus? Not every Jew is of the 12 tribes of Israel. Just Abraham's kids. Who was Keturah's (Abraham's concubine) sons? Are they considered proselytes?

The sacred story of Abraham traverses the geography of the most bitter political conflict in the modern world — beginning in what is now southern Iraq and ending in the West Bank city of Hebron. Yet Abraham is the common patriarch of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. We explore the story of Abraham in several traditions and why he might be important for people in our time. The hour also includes readings from the Bible and the Qur'an as well as music from the likes of Bob Dylan and Benjamin Britten on the figure of Abraham. http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/programs/abraham/
  • Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Fleaman, no one here is saying JW's didn't die, or making less of that fact, what I am saying is that we were taught that JW's were the only christian religion killed under the purple triangle, I bet many people on this board thought it was only the JW's that were tagged with it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It also irks me that the society treats their own persecution as somehow more noble than the rest. Not that we should diminish their suffering.

Too many Christians (and Christian leaders) stood by and did nothing. There were a few who stood up to the Nazi regime, and they also happened NOT to be Witnesses.

http://www1.yadvashem.org/righteous_new/topic2.html

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

There are a lot of cases of Catholic Priests who were killed by the Nazi's, there was a show on TV a while back about one priest who kept and hide Jews, when the SS found out they took him and he was never seen again.

• erandir
    erandir

Or, Andre, about .000233 or .023% by my calculator?

Talk about a self-absorbed organization.

This reminds me of the Stewart character from MadTV:

"Hey, everybody! Look what I can do!"

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    Fleaman, no one here is saying JW's didn't die, or making less of that fact, what I am saying is that we were taught that JW's were the only christian religion killed under the purple triangle, I bet many people on this board thought it was only the JW's that were tagged with it.

Then there are a lot of thick people on here.When i was a kid i knew that JW,s werent the only christian religion to suffer at the hands of the Nazis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit