this sucks

by Troggle 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Troggle
    Troggle

last night at work (I work as a mananger for a fast food reasturant). One of my employees came through the drive through. He told me he had taken a drug test for a job at a warehouse where one of the brothers from my old KH was the hiring boss. The "brother" asked him if he knew me when he found out that the kid worked at my reaturant. The kid told him he did and that I was a friend of his as well. The "brother" then told him he was suprised that he was willing to take the drug test considering he was friends with me. this totally shocked the kid and he asked why so the brother told him that he knew that I was a huge pothead and partied a lot. The kid laughed in his face and asked him if they were talking about the same guy. He then told the brother that I have 2 kids and won't even let people drink around my children. it just really makes me mad that 1) I wasn't disfellowshipped for anything that had to do with any drugs 2) this guy would assume that I am some kinda crack head 3) he badmouths me to my employees and automatically assumes they are crack heads too because they know who I am. This "brother" used to be a good friend of mine we both used to work the rural territory in our cong so we could do more driving than actual knocking and still count the time lol.(a very useful trick since we were both pioneers)

I have never said one bad word about any member of the JWs. I have never even said anything bad about the organization. It's thier choice if they decide to stay or go. why must they keep dragging my name through the mud to people who respect me just because I'm not doing what they want me to do?

Trog

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Typical JW double standard. You can't talk bad about them, but you can bet that they will talk bad about you.

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

they must think people are stupid. don't they see that the only "witnessing" they are doing is only in regards to themselves?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Wow! That's gall.

Is there an HR department for the company where he applied?? I'd call HR - or have an attorney contact them - and remind them that slander exposes them to potential legal action. Therefore you want a formal, written apology.

-Aude.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

The rumor mill starts working overtime when people are disfellowshipped or disassociate. They cannot fathom that anyone can exit for other reasons than immorality, drug or alcohol use, gambling etc., so one person probably says something like "Perhaps he left because he was depressed and started using drugs? He looked a little apathetic last time I saw him." - Next person (who heard this) says - "Wow, know what I heard?? Brother such-and-such is a drug addict! I have it from reputable sources!" And so on and so forth.

"Brother such-and-such doesn't agree with the 607 or 1914 dates, or the appointment of WBTS by Jesus in 1919" just doesn't cut it. Needs something juicy that won't "stumble" the others...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Because that's what they do. My mother once say something to the affect to me that it must be hard to have to live around and deal with people who do drugs. This was said to me sometime after I had my first child with my "worldly" husband. I told her that I don't have any friends who do drugs (that I knew of) and most certainly I wouldn't allow that kind of stuff around my child. I don't think she believed me and I really don't give a s**t.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Wow! I think that would be illegal.

I would do what Aude said.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

why must they keep dragging my name through the mud to people who respect me just because I'm not doing what they want me to do?

Because they must make everyone that doens't bow to them into a failure of some kind.

I agree with Aude.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I agree with Aude. This is a serious confidentiality issue. Threaten to sue his sorry ass. There was no way he should have talked like that to your employee. I would guess he's probably a typical elder - thinks he's free to say what he wants about anyone like he can in the congregation, without anyone standing up to him about it.

And I can just imagine the outrageous stuff being spread around about me. My ex had it on a good source that someone had sold cocaine where I live with my girlfriend. Considering that neither of us have even had a puff on a joint since we've been together, that's kind of stupid. But, to be expected.

S4

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The longer I am out, the more I see their asses clearly showing. What a sorry lot!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit