Had to put my dog to sleep today :*(

by LovesDubs 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

I'm so sorry... I understand how hard that must have been.

I will have to have my cat put down soon, the thought of it is heartbreaking...

Cas

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

I'm so sorry for your loss. They are like our kids...

TB

• lancelink
    lancelink

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    We had a Lab who was 16 yrs. old when he died, and my entire family was so devastated about it
    that I went and had a small photo-tile made with his picture and name.
    We placed it under one of the trees that he would sleep under.It is quite comforting now even after
    four years to look at it.
    One of my favorite authors was james Herriot, and when he passed on, a newspaper from Chicago Illinois printed
    a story that explains a pets part in being a member of our family.
    This is the very end of the story, I believe that it states quite a lot in its simplicity.
    I hope that it gives you a little comfort during this difficult time.
    In his story The Card Over the Bed, Herriot writes of an old woman whose only fear is that she may never be reunited with her animals after death because some people say animals have no soul. Holding the old woman's hand, Herriot replies"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. You've nothing to worry about there."
    On days when I miss the members of our animal family who have died, I comfort myself with a childish vision of a heaven where there are endless fields and woods in which to run, and St. Francis sits beneath a tree surrounded by every animal who ever lived. Who could doubt that James Herriot is sitting with them?
    Chicago Tribune, Wednesday, March 8, 1995

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I have to admit that I skipped this headline for a while because I knew it was going to hurt to read. It did. I feel your loss a little too keenly.

They are family members, pure and simple, and no one can measure their worth. Hugs and strength to you and your family, and rest in joy, little furry friend.

Love,
    Baba.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I am really so sorry for your loss.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I'm so sorry. Our dogs were very special to us also...really...our babies. I will always miss them dearly.

Justitia

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

This is terrible, I'm so sorry.

Maybe after a little time has passed, you and your family can do something together to honor and remember her. I really liked the story a poster above shared about having a "photo tile" made and putting it under his dog's favorite tree; maybe you could do something like that together with your son.

I am sorry for your loss

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((Loves)))))
    That is such a painful thing to have to experience.
    Starr Baby was certainly lucky to have "momma" --
    I know we are.
    out

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry you lost your sweet dog. You took good care of her, her life was much better than if she had stayed in the shelter.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit