We All Have Our Stories - We Are All Survivors in Our Own Ways

by flipper 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I am a different person than I was a year ago. I stopped going to meetings about 9+ months ago..stopped field circus about 18 months ago...

funny,,I find it hard to get as much accomplished as i did while still an elder. I was taking overload course schedules (18 credits..6 courses)..dating online to someone in another country...elder..secretary... working nearly FT......I think...why am I not getting as much done? I realized what it was...

I have more time for myself and for the first time in my life...I dont feel the stress that I used to..and I am just taking it easy.......I take half the course load...not dating (well...another story that)......not an elder...not the secretary..not trying to cram 27 hours into 24...and getting 4 hours of sleep a night... Now..I get 7 or 8 hours sleep..wake up refreshed ahead of the alarm clock......lounge around some days...spend 8-10 hours studying on campus sometimes.... read a lot more (ok..read a lot more NON Borg stuff)....

I like getting an education..I am pursuing another degree...and maybe another after that......depends on the finances when I get done with this one... I like learning...I like looking at the eye candy on campus without feeling guilty .... I like having lunch with female friends without people in the congregation reporting back to the elders because I just have to be dating them just because I have lunch with them ... I like not "serving" serving on JCs and sitting in judgment of fellow human beings who are imperfect like me....I like not being an elder period..because it made me by default a judgmental person...maybe not as bad as some....but still....judgemental....what a burden off my shoulders..

I like not knocking on doors bothering people.. (OK...that last one is not true...I still knock on doors bothering people...its just now I am bill collector...LOL...)..let me clarify...I like not knocking on doors with a Waste of Paper from the Washtowel Slavery Corp (or whatever WTWizard calls the Borg ..lol)

I like living life for the first time....it is taking some getting used to.... but I am surviving for certain....

I like meeting fellow JWDers..... one day our paths will cross Mr. Flipper..

Snakes ()

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have my own story. But for some reason, it makes me sick to think about telling it.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

FHN:

I have my own story. But for some reason, it makes me sick to think about telling it.

you know...if it helps someone else...and it is not too emotionally painful...it might be cathartic to tell the story here...maybe you have told it in bits and pieces in your many posts.. I always like hearing others stories of survivor out of the Borg...reminds me I did the right thing.... but not if it causes so much pain to the teller of the story....... Snakes ()

• flipper
    flipper

SNAKES in THE TOWER- I'm glad you have been able to pursue more time for you. It is so important to get a good education- which we were never allowed to do. And I'm sure you feel better as you said about your new life because nobody is looking over your shoulder all the time inspecting you. At least that's how I feel about it. Look forward to meeting you some day as well. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit