We All Have Our Stories - We Are All Survivors in Our Own Ways

by flipper 23 Replies latest jw friends

• hobbitLore
    hobbitLore

In my case I have been reading Biology texts. Yeah, I am weird. Funny thing is in High School and College I avoided Biology even though I had always dreamed of being a Marine Biologist. It is fascinating to catch up on the things I stayed away from to keep my (relative) sanity while I was in the bOrg.

I have three young ones, the two oldest are in elementary school. Since leaving we have been doing more things with their school and getting extra-curricular activites started like Art classes and Gymnastics.

hobbitLore

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Monday thru Friday =

Saturday =

Sunday =

I just haven't got the technique down yet.

• wings
    wings

Hey Mr. Flipper, I miss you already! Yes we are survivors, and I loved our conversations this weekend and learning everyone's stories. Just the simple fact that we could all relate to each other because of the XJW experience. Such a common ground of understanding. Also the deep respect shown to each other for their own personal path of survival. A true testimony of support....at least that was my experience. wings

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

A relationship has been a great help to me. I was a "good" JW and really had no "worldy" associates! I had no one that I knew that was not a JW.

Fortunately, the internet has helped us reach out to people. When my wife and I had seperated I had a friend I met online that let me stay at his home while I got back on my feet. I left her with everything.

I have found a new family and a great new circle of friends.

I have a new life and I'm a survivor!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

As if by miracle, right at the time that we left the bOrg, we also 'inherited' by default, our three grandmunchkins. That has kept us very busy.

I have taken golf as a passion now - I played occasionally as a Jw, now every week [twice if I can sneak it past Wifey]. I read all sorts of interesting things now - from Christian to Pagan and everywhere in between. I spend a lot of my time with my garden and house too. I have made a few good friends from the board, and a few from the local area. I spend more time with my Dad than ever before now, and my sister and I have become very close. Simon has invited me to 'serve' on the board as a mod, so I am learning a little about what goes on in that area, and since my interest in posting much on JWD was waning, it keeps me interested here.

I debated 'higher education', but it holds little pragmatic value for me in the waning years of my worklife. Still I might take up some educational pursuits over time for personal reasons.

Nice topic, Flip.

Jeff

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all your comments ! Great takes on things !

BABA YAGA- Very well put by you. We have survived a very controlling abusive cult to be sure ! I drink a toast tonight to those who have escaped, and feel deeply for those who did not escape, perhaps dying for stupid reasons that the Jehovah's Witnesses made them believe they had to die for. And I too hold out hope that our loved ones who are still witnesses may yet escape the clutches of that mind control cult.

HOBBITLORE- I'm glad for you that you are pursuing your Biology interests . And that your children are now involved in extracurricular activities after school. That is great ! It will help them grow and learn !

QUIRKY- My wine glass stays active throughout the week at nights as well . It helps deter the progression of stress somewhat.

WINGS- I miss you too sis ! We had great conversations this weekend and it was great hearing everyone's stories ! There really was deep respect shown and true support shown between people with unconditional caring and love for each other. That was the way it was supposed to be when we were witnesses ! Interesting to see that we all have the ability to show that caring without being goaded on by the elders, or an organization, isn't it ? We do it because we want to ; not because someone is telling us to.

DWNTWNPHOTG- I'm glad you have found a new family and circle of friends bro ! It certainly has helped you survive all the hardships you went through. Congratulations !

AK JEFF- I'm glad you have moved on as well friend ! You certainly have a lot on your plate, but you seem to keep yourself very busy with other activities aside from raising your grandchildren. And that is good you let yourself pursue hobbies like golf, because it keeps you balanced to deal with the stresses. I'm happy you have got to spend more time with your dad as well ! Nice to have you as a mod here ; as you have a balanced " sane " approach to things discussed on the board. We really are all survivors ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to express the gratitude I feel towards everyone here who has survived getting out of the witnesses- no matter how you accomplished it ! You should all feel very proud of yourselves in getting your free, clear thinking ability back ! We shall continue to survive ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this up if any of you survivors would like to tell your story of how you survived getting out of the witness cult. I'm sure it will assist newbies and others here to hang in there as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Gonna kick start this thread again and see if anyone has some stories of how they survived getting out of the witness cult

• hillary_step

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit