Could we sue the WTS?

by nbernat 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nbernat
    nbernat

Is there any extent of the law which we could sue the Society for taking our time, brainwashing us and tearing apart our families? Or would that just be pushing it?

I ask because the attorney who prosecuted JFK's murderer came out with a book outlining a case against Bush for murder which is pretty far-fetched yet convincing. . .could we do the same against the WTS? Class-action suit? :D

• John Doe
    John Doe

While you're at it, why don't you sue the tooth fairy for making you leave money under your pillow all those years.

• nbernat
    nbernat

The tooth fairy never made me put any money underneath my pillow, unfortunately, so I can't sue there. :( . . .Ex-Witness love at its finest.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    The tooth fairy never made me put any money underneath my pillow

Think about this.

• nbernat
    nbernat

Well being as the tooth fairy asked me to put my teeth under the pillow so my parents could give me money, I don't really see the parallel.

You don't sue someone because they made you do something, you sue them because they did something to you. The former would be the government's job.

So do you think Bush could be tried for murder?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    So do you think Bush could be tried for murder?

Only if you count a bogus politically motivated trial as legitimate.

• nbernat
    nbernat

Aren't those what all high-profile cases are? :P

• John Doe
    John Doe

Depends on how cynical you are.

• nbernat
    nbernat

So I'm guessing your answer is a complete NO.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I spoke to a lawyer about suing for defamation for being disfellowshipped. After researching, it is almost impossible to win, particularly with the latest announcement being so vague.

Regarding suing for wasted time, brainwashing etc, it is almost impossible to win. The courts keep clear of becoming involved with relgious disputes. Religion is consider independant and above the law. It is only in the most extreme cases that the WTS has been loosing. If you look through times the WTS has lost, it is very few and far between, in areas to do with blood and pedophilia. The only cases involving disfellowshipping was where elders did not follow the WTS instructions.

I personally have had a case against the WTS for not releasing my private records under the Privacy Act. Fortunately it is between them and the Privacy Commission, so not costing me anything. The WTS looks set to take it as far as possible, making it a very costly excercise. As far as I know the Privacy Commission is likely to drop the case as it is becoming too costly and there is a high chance the WTS will win anyway on a technicality.

I look forward to the day when religion can no longer hide their corrupt and manipulative ways, and are forced to pay tax and answer to the legal system like any other corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit