Could we sue the WTS?

by nbernat 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free2beme
    free2beme

You can sue anyone for anything you want. What becomes issue, is could you win. As for that question, it depends on what you sue them for and the burden of proof to show your case to be valid. Which, unless it is something like child molestation, would be hard to do.

• yknot
    yknot

The legal climate isn't condusive right now to such suits.......

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and this topic rears it's ugly head again

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I think Ynot said it best. The time is not yet nigh. However it never hurts to try anyway if you think you might have a case, just be prepared financially to fight it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

out of all the whiners that want to march up to bethel and serve them, non do. Just another whining post of "let's get them and sue them". NO one made u join so on what basis could u sue them? HOw about a thread that states that u are going to pony up the 15k to start this process?

• blondie
    blondie

First you have to find a lawyer who thinks you have a case that they can win. Then there is the money you have to put up front. Lawsuits are expensive.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So what do you suggest Mr. know it all?

• TheListener
    TheListener

All I know is this:

A major class action suit with thousands of members suing for character defamation and pain and suffering due to being disfellowshipped wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning - BUT IT SURE WOULD CATCH THE NEWS MEDIA'S ATTENTION.

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

this is something I am working on right now ,looks pretty good so far!!!!!!!!!

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

you were not raised a JW in the 1970s or you would not even be joking around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit