Europe must stand up to Islam NOW

by B_Deserter 89 Replies latest jw experiences

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Just read the whole thread again - it's just like the Daily Mail lol.

Yes, complete with editor Burn the Ships, who cannot make up his mind quite where to plant his flag.

HS

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Apparently no-one has mentioned to the UK police force that they have to target everyone equally:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/jul/08/police.uksecurity

"The "stop and account" statistics, being published for the first time, reveal the scale of police use of the powers, and show that black people are two and a half times more likely than whites to be questioned on the street.

Today's figures showed that the number of times the police stopped members of the public had risen from 1.4m in 2005-2006 to 1.87m in 2006-2007 - an increase of one-third."

Wasn't this news in the Daily Mail?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    On April 2, 2008, the head of the Canadian Human Rights Commission issued a public letter to the editor of Maclean's magazine. In it, Jennifer Lynch said, "Mr. Steyn would have us believe that words, however hateful, should be given free reign. History has shown us that hateful words sometimes lead to hurtful actions that undermine freedom and have led to unspeakable crimes. That is why Canada and most other democracies have enacted legislation to place reasonable limits on the expression of hatred."

Double standards?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

hamilcar,

Double standards?

Well, there is a difference between 'free' speech and 'hate' speech. The UK has imprisoned Islamic extremists the past year for uttering hate speech, some for many years.

Canada has also taken action against those who fall under the 'hate' speech legislation.

HS

• Borgia
  • Borgia
    Borgia

As I recall the cartoons, yes. But I do not recall this fellow you mentioned to be one of them being summoned to appear before a Jordanian Judge. Although the age of the cartoons is well over 3 years, last year there has been a rerun to commemorate the fact the these cartoons appeared and the subsequent call to infamy of the Muslim community. There's more to the whole case of the Danish cartoons than meets the eye.

Your man's case is being prosecuted in Canada and if convicted, other publishers later on might face extradition if an applicable extradition treaty is in effect and a charge is brought before a judge who is to rule on 8th century appreciation of human rights.

If I am not mistaken it is said the guys prosecuted now in Jordan would face a maximum sentence of 3 years in a hospitable place like a Jordan penitentiary.

Cheers

Borgia

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

scotsman:

If they're behviour was linked to their race it would be worth reporting, but I don't think that being black made them stab someone. Maybe you know better.

If these crimes are being commited by a disproportionate number of people from any group, then that's obviously worth investigating. Certainly, correlation is not causation and I think we can all agree that there's nothing about being black that makes someone inherently more likely to commit a violent crime but it would be irresponsible in the extreme to ignore such a statistical anomaly. Whether it is the result of black youths being disenfranchised by a racist society or some aspect of "black culture" that is to blame, any attempt to reduce the incidence of such crimes must take into account the facts of the matter, whether or not those facts accord with our preconceived beliefs or desires.

I think the youth of the Parisian rioters was relevant. Just as the youth of those carrying knives is relevant. The race of the disenfranchised youth is irrelevant... unless we believe that we live in an inherently racist society and thereby all the evil deeds are being carried out by racial minorities who are suffering because of endemic racism.

Certainly the temperament of young men is an obvious factor in both cases, in a way that race is not. But there is clearly something that is skewing the statistics. In the case of the Parisian rioters, it seems to be an issue of the children of mostly North African immigrants who live in what are effectively ghettos feeling antipathy towards a country that they believe treats them as second-class citizens. The policies of the French government no doubt play a part but so too do the beliefs and attitudes of the culture in which these young people have been raised. There are numerous and complicated issues at work and the same is no doubt true of the stabbings in London, but ignoring any potentially relevant data is unlikely to help in attempts to resolve these matters.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dont know why we cant all just stand up for ourselves.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I dont know why we cant all just stand up for ourselves.

Indeed.

• Gill
    Gill

We 'can't' because the people in charge won't 'let' us!

They are so obsessed with equality that they create and equal inequality to match it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit