Europe must stand up to Islam NOW

by B_Deserter 89 Replies latest jw experiences

• amicus
    amicus
    Funny thing really my born again sister and her husband claim GOD has actually talked to them an I asked them why would God speak to Believers and not speak to me an Atheist who do you think would be more impressed them or me...

Well, there you go...never resort to logic when dealing with folks operating on emotion.

I have a few friends who say when they were born again the spirit of Jesus entered them. Damn, if the spirit of Jesus ever enters me, it darn well better have more positive results on me than it did on them.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Well, there you go...never resort to logic when dealing with folks operating on emotion.

AMEN brother...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"You're talking the difference between McDonald's and Burger King. As if one were superior to the other. When both are fatty, greasy, and when eaten exclusively, bad for your health. "

Good analogy, bad knowledge. Burger King was once the home of the most artery cloggging burgers on earth and nothing else, but now they have very good healthy options such as the Chicken Whopper, the BK Veggie and a vast array of salads. They even have vegan options.

McDonald's however has fatty, unhealthy burgers, fried fish sandwiches and fried chicken sandwiches nothing on their menu is vegan and only the McBiscuit with eggs and cheese is vegetarian. (And fatty!). Xtianity is like BK, in that they modernized. Islam has yet to change and will never change. They're like McDonald's.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Islam has yet to change and will never change. They're like McDonald's.

Europe will never do away with McDonald's. Btw, are you a prophet?

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

It would seem the Islamic belief system holds the worlds attention. It is too bad for them if their fundementalists are killing people and blowing up buildings. It paints a bad picture of their religion.

For those people that see it as a Christanity vs. Islam situtation, your religion isn't any better. The mass indoctrination of people to believe non-believers are their enemy has caused or encouraged all Holy Wars. Christianity hasn't changed. It is just broken into 1000's of factions. They all condemn Muslims, and Muslims all condemn Christians. Jerusulem is the holy city for both beliefs, and both will fight for it untill another Holy War breaks out. It doesn't matter that some disagree with what others are doing, the "others" will destroy civilization.

If your God intended to help mankind by giving the Ransom sacrifice, and providing the Bible, then you need a new God. Nothing else has caused more problems in the World than that. All Religions lie about their intentions and create a false sense of hope. Islam will destroy Christianity because Christians aren't ready to blow themselves up for their cause yet.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Jerusulem is the holy city for both beliefs, and both will fight for it untill another Holy War breaks out.

Punch-up at tomb of Jesus (between Christians)

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Look at the history of Christianity. A thousand years ago, if the Crusaders had AK-47s, or tanks, or explosives, or (God forbid) nuclear weapons, would they have behaved any differently than Muslim fundamentalists do now?

Big Tex, I suppose it is a matter of semantics. I don't consider the horrific acts of those who falsely claim to be Christians to have anything at all to do with the history of Christianity. The crusdres were followers of men not Christ. Let's put the blame where it belongs on men and not on God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Perhaps, suicide bombers are also followers of men, not allah.

S

• milligal
    milligal

Fairmind: the old testament is filled with warring that was 'blessed' by God and warrior heroes like king David who fought for God's people. I can see where people who claim to worship the God of the Bible would try to justify their actions by using force. The God of ancient Israel did. The history of christianity is frought with shoving these peaceful teachings down people's throats, and when they stopped stoning people in the new testament they started cutting them off and creating power systems within the church.

Truth be told christianity has not behaved much differently than modern day islamic fundamentalists. It is sad but it seems as though all people share one thing in common -a lust for power over other people.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    The crusaders were followers of men not Christ. Let's put the blame where it belongs on men and not on God.

Let's say there's a fringe group of white, republican racists who suddenly take it upon themselves to fight a war against all colored people in America. So they travel the country and kill all the colored people they can find, thousands of them (not very likely that would go on for long, but let's play this hypothetical scenario). As they are doing so, they claim to be doing it in G. W. Bush's name. They site certain things he has said to support their case.

Meanwhile, G. W. Bush is watching all this transpire on his television screen, and he's obviously also briefed on it by his staff before that. He knows they claim to be doing it for him, in his name. Still, he does nothing to stop it from happening, neither by action nor speech. He is fully capable of stopping it from happening, but instead, he lets it happen. Thirty years later, members of Bush's party state: "Oh, that? That was just some people taking things into their own hands, claiming to do it for G. W. Bush. Let's not blame G. W. Bush for something these people did."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit