One Paper Towel

by DT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I don't remember the covering of the mirrors. When was that? Was it regional? For some reason, I am very surprised at this and I don't remember it!

I remember that being done at district conventions at the Cow Palace in Daly City, Ca, but I don't think that was ever done at the jw convention hall in Fremont, Ca.

• razorMind
    razorMind

I personally have never seen the 'one-paper-towel' rule enforced at any of the conventions when I was a J.W. (thank god)

I do remember. vaguely, one solitary year that the mirrors were covered. I didn't know it was only the women's restrooms. Somebody must have objected, or maybe the brown paper cost too much, or something, because they were never covered again. And we went to the conventions at the same site for years and years and years.

• oompa
    oompa

for some reason this reminds me that i have like 12 suits in my closet that have dust on the shoulders........................oompa

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

I remember this stupid rule!!! I don't think it was enforced by the papertowel police. Atleast, I never saw that it was. However---the papering of the mirror ticked me off so bad. My contact lens was killing me one time and I went to take it out and there was that stupid brown paper. I tore it down and just shook my head. Nobody said a word. This practice stopped (mid 80's?)

Meow

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That rule must have started after 2001, since I haven't been to a Grand Boasting Session since then. However, with the clamping down going on in that religion, I am not surprised. Which doesn't make sense.

The towels are small for a reason. Typically, small children need much less to dry their hands than adults. If towels were sized for adults, children would waste paper that isn't needed. So they make the towels child sized, and adults will have to use more than one towel if they are to properly dry their hands. The same goes for sheets of toilet paper--I am starting to see threads where they are handing out limited numbers of sheets of toilet paper, which is even worse than the towel rule.

And yet they can hold Waste of Paper Distribution Campaigns, wasting far more paper (which is cut from virgin forests, not second-growth trees like toilet paper and paper towels are).

• carla
    carla

"I would take two paper towels and then put a little extra in the contruibution box." --- hahahahhahahahahaha, that is hilarious! Sorry, but it is. aaah, I needed a good chuckle this morning. Sad and hilarious at the same time. (this one makes it to my breakfast club with my girlfriends)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    "Use a Watchtower".

A wt works well on the pot too! Behold the latest charmin edition of the washtowel magazine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit