~~~ the latest MLM: coming to a KH near you ~~~

by chickpea 22 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

Instead of using the term MLM, I often refer to it as a Pyramid scheme.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I started a thread about this a while back... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/159148/1.ashx ...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    OMG, Chickpea, I never made the connection! Doh! What an idiot - I was just thinking about this too, all the Pampered Chef and candle and tupperware and Avon and whatever else parties I went to as a Witness and how it was so strange that so many Witnesses at so many different congregations had these parties. I thought it was just a local thing. Someone nailed it on the head when they said many Witnesses are not well educated and thus easy targets for scammers. Thanks for the enlightenment. Just another sad thing about the poor sucker JW's - and how I'm so glad I am not part of it anymore.

before we had kids, my wife and i used to treat each other to romantic candles (ex. yankee candle and such) one day, my wife told me she was invited to a party. i asked if I could go, she said only women. well, she came home with 2 candles and cost her close to $50usd. I think the fanciest yankee candle cost us $15usd or so. I said "wtf"? sorry to be a prick, but I told her never again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit