What do JWs usually do on the 4th?

by A-Team 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Casper
    Casper
    as a JW, what did you think people did on the 4th?

Being a convert at age 28, I knew what worldly people did on the 4th...

As a witness, we would usually cook out, and watch the neighbors doing their thing.... seems from above posts, alot of JWs did that.

Cas

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Jerk off

In other words, for the JWs it'a a day like all the rest, and they just keep on with their regular daily activities. W

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Did what we always did
    Service
    Worked around the hall
    Home
    Worked around home
    Studied
    Then to bed

Never any fireworks!!
    Devils light show

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Surreptitiously watch fireworks and whisper about it to a select few at the next meeting

Gotta love that one......

h4o

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    We used to cookout and sit in the backyard watching the fireworks from the neighboring communities.

Yep, we did too. Us kids learned early to keep our mouths shut at the hall and around the "friends"

• tryingtounderstandjws
    tryingtounderstandjws

They go to conventions in Toledo and Cleveland Ohio.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I remember as a kid we'd (our family) go down to the park by the river and watch the fireworks. A few times we even brought sparklers! Other stuff was illegal so all you could get were sparklers, those little poppers you threw on the ground, and the snake things that were flaming turd generators.

Maybe if my parents weren't so... liberal... I would've rebelled and not have gone though my pompous righteous stage. Ha, maybe I rebelled by becoming pompous and righteous.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More often than not, there was a Grand Boasting Session in progress during that weekend. We had to go to that.

And, there is field circus. The witlesses treat it as any other day. There is rarely any time to watch the fireworks because the witlesses have to be up early the next morning for street work.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My uncle was in charge of buying the wine and Jewish crackers for memorial so on July 4th, we went upstairs of his house and drank wine, ate bread, and other things and watched the fireworks across town. My grandparents were into it big, too. My grandfather and uncle were elders at the time.

• only me
    only me

If the 4th is on a meeting night, almost all the JWs at my old Hall run from the KH to the park to watch the fireworks. Hall empties out in 10 minutes.

If it isn't a meeting night , they have get togethers and picnics like everyone else minus the patriotic theme.

This year they had their DC so I have no idea if anyone went. It was so nice to be in a crowd of people and not have to deal with being shunned on my holiday by someone who shouldn't be here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit