What do JWs usually do on the 4th?

by A-Team 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

It seems like they are not big on the Big Family Holidays. Also, as a JW, what did you think people did on the 4th?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

We used to cookout and sit in the backyard watching the fireworks from the neighboring communities.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Jerk off

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Jerk off Dayumm..what did I do?

• blondie
    blondie

It depends on what day it falls; if on a meeting night..................

Otherwise, I know many who cooked out and watched the fireworks from their backyard or the yard of another jw with a better vantage point. I even knew jws that went to the fireworks venue, put out a blanket or chairs, picnicked, and watched the fireworks. There were a few that stayed inside so they were contaminated by a glimpse of the fireworks. Some were so "righteous" to the point that even at non 4th events they would not watch fireworks.

The cookout crowd were all the elders.

Blondie

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Worldly" people:

1. Have a big BBQ.

2. Get drunk

3. OPENLY watch fireworks.

JWs:

1. Have a big BBQ.

2. Get borderline drunk or plastered, depending on who's there.

3. Surreptitiously watch fireworks and whisper about it to a select few at the next meeting.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thanks Blondie! There were times as a JW we would watch fireworks while on the lake in a boat just after a nice dinner and a few drinks.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Knock on a few doors in the AM

catch up on some chores... maybe do a little shopping.... anyplace thats open usually is having a sale

Sometimes I went to work.(power company ...you get called for outages often)

Just about every place I ever lived we could see the big show from the house... so we took in the fireworks

Jeff

• Open mind
    Open mind

Blondie:

"It depends on what day it falls; if on a meeting night.................."

Ah yes. Nothing better than watching fireworks from the KH parking lot after the TMS & SM.

;-)

• StAnn
    StAnn

We went into town and each got an ice cream cone and then parked on the side of the road to watch the fireworks.

Which is exactly what I'm going to do tonight. Hmm, not much difference between worldly July4 and JW July 4.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit