In honor of the 4th,

by John Doe 23 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

what's your favorite cut of meat for grilling? Mine is ribeye, by far. Always tender and juicy, it's hard to get a bad ribeye!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

At my local butcher shop they have these Spencer Cut Steaks that are great!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've never heard of spencer cut, but after looking it up, seems we have the same taste: "Ribeye Steak (Market Steak, Spencer Steak, Market Filet, Rib Filet Steak) - Cut from ribs 6, 7 and 8. Contains ribeye muscle and generous streaking of fat. " :-)

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'll agree I usually only buy rib eyes, but I still like T-Bones once in a while....lots of mushrooms and onions.....

hope4others

• beksbks
    beksbks

New York

Salmon steak not fillet

• changeling
    changeling

Ribs! Chicken legs and thighs! Yum!

changeling :)

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

My favorite are the brats! Especially the ones with the cheese in them.

CountryGuy

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ribeyes are hard to beat, but sometimes I have a hankering for the tasty cheaper cuts that I could afford when I was younger. On such occasions I head forward just a few ribs and get a big ol' bone-in chuck steak. It isn't as tender as ribeye, but it is one tasty steak (and I still have my teeth). My memory takes me back to cooking big ol' chuck steaks over a campfire, and I call them my "cowboy steaks."

YUM YUM YUM!

Amusing anecdote: I once went camping with some guys who either were into "one-up-manship" or didn't know much about grilling. They threw their fillet Mignons on the grill, and those steaks became beef chips real fast. (They are WAY too lean to tolerate much time on the fire. Better to eat them raw, or blue, as steakmen say.) My cheap-cut chuck steak was delicious!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Favorite meat is breasts

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'll go with a t-bone porterhouse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit