Another Newbie.

by kcmike 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Nope, sorry Mike, we already have too many newbies today. Please come back tomorrow...

...just kidding. Welcome to JWD. Good Luck! Hope we can help!

B the X

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome Mike

:)

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome and tell your stepson to follow jesus example and wait until he is an ADULT to get baptized!!!! There is no precident for child or even teenager baptism in the Bible.....that is at least a start....then ask him by what authority do JW's add the name jehovah to the new testament when no other bibles do...and his name never appears in any existing ancient manuscript?...make sure he reads under the name jehovah in their Insight book......let him know they are not just adding it where the new testament is quoting the old testatment because the entire book of revelation contains not a single quote of the OT where it adds the name jehovah.....people who change the bible can not be trusted......period.......oompa

• horrible life
    horrible life

Welcome KCmike.

Hope this forum is of a great benefit to you, in trying to keep your step-son a healthy, happy, and well balanced young man. That will not happen, if he gets much deeper into the JW's.

Again welcome, and go sooners.

• kcmike
    kcmike

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I thought I posted his age but he is 22 almost 23. The move here is temp of course.

I am not sure if he will be going back to Colorado where dad is or if he will stay here. I assume he will be going back to CO.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, kcmike!

You mention your own Christian upbringing. I highly recommend reading "Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses In Love," by Wilbur Lingle.

It outlines core JW doctrines and refutes them with mainstream Christian Biblical understanding, in a kind, rational and non-combative manner.

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.htm

~Sue

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Hey! Welcome aboard. Everybody is welcome. You don't have to be a exJW to come here. Even JWs are welcome. :)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello, welcome to the board.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

damn straight it is a cult... i wish you the best of luck

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Ask him to get a WT CD.

With a bit of luck they won't refuse him.

If they do refuse, ask why?????

If he gets one, ask him to look up the reigns of the Babylonian kings from Nebuchadnezzar to Nabonidus and write you up a list showing you which kings reigned in which year.

If you/he needs help, come back here and ask.

Cheers
    Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit