Another Newbie.

by kcmike 28 Replies latest jw friends

• kcmike
    kcmike

Hello!

I wanted to drop in and Introduce myself. My name is Mike and I am from the Kansas City area. I have been reading threw this board for a little bit and I couldn't wait to join.

I have neever been a JW or even considered becoming one. I am so glad that my parents gave me a proper Christian upbringing. However, my step-son was primarily raised by his father and he is a JW. My step-son just recently moved in with his mom and me and he is starting to really study to become a babtized JW. I started to research the JW religion or Cult as I like to call it. It really scares me what he is getting himself into. I hope that I am able to gain some much needed information from EX JWs, on how to help deal with him and his association with the WTO.

Thanks!

• New light for you
    New light for you

hello and welcome!

You know, i just got done reading a book that ... i didn't care for the way it was written, but at the end there is a great section on "what to ask witnesses" and being a witness i could say these would work great without confronting him and making him mad. You just come across as the "concerned and curious"father... it's worth a shot. The book is 'captives of a concept". it's a real short read, but the back chapters or 2 have that info in it, you might find it quite useful~!

Wish you luck! ....

and as my husband and i like to say...

DAMN CULT!!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hello and welcome. You will find an abundance of information here to help your family. Have a good look around in the "best of" section if you haven't yet already.

Mickey.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Just wanted to jump in and say hi!! I'm only about an hour and half from you, in the great state of misery!!

When I was younger and moved in with my real dad, my stepmom "studied" with the jw's so she could figure out why i was so screwed up. Didn't take long. Let us know how we can help you and your wife!!

cbb

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome to the Board....

Its great to have you, you will find lots of information and life experiences from

ex-jw's and some here that are still in.

Cheers

hope4others

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! Depending on how old he is, you may want to discuss with or have him read Combatting Mind Control. It's not about jws specifically, so he shouldn't be afraid of it, thinking it is written by apostates. Good luck!

• Casper
    Casper

Welcome Mike to JWD...

You will find alot of support and information here to help you with
    your step-son.

We look forward to getting to know you.

Cas

• yknot
    yknot

Welcome Mike!

What age range are we talking about? Is the move permanent or temporary? May I inquire the religion of your household?

Well if he is still a minor the first thing to do is have his mother assert her parental rights and not allow a baptism to take place.

Second is to have a family study to discern the level of indoctrination.

I would suggest reading Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome Mike!

changeling :)

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Welcome Kcmike!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit