Reclaiming my national identity

by Lady Lee 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• disfellowman
    disfellowman

nationalism is funny... I still dont see the point. I love where i live, but im not proud of being american. I am a citizen of the world. God bless the world. just my opinion of course do you know the congregation that serves brossard? (i think its greenfield park or something?)

• Simon
    Simon

The UK was a bit messed up - we had some country specific days (like St George for England) but things often seemed a little strained and even 'politically incorrect' There wasn't a UK day that I can remember.

Everything seems much more positive over here. We're going to be enjoying our second Canada day and looking forward to it.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Long live the Maple Leaf land!

I've been in every province of Canada, except for the maritime provinces. Loved them all. The Canadian Rockies are bigger and more magnificent than the U.S.'s, IMO. And the area around the northern shore of Lake Superior -- sublime.

Lady Lee wrote: " There are far more Americans who will be celebrating on July 4th. So what are you doing? How aware are you of reclaiming your national pride."

We'll be doing the usual -- hot dogs and fireworks.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I love Canada..I love the diversity..I love the people. I was born and raised in Ontario and although I am in the USA for now, I have a Canadian ball cap and a pin that I'll be wearing. We will be working and there are no Canada Day celebrations around me - but I do know that there are groups of Canadians living all over the USA who do get together and celebrate with imported poutine gravy, a little Labatts Blue and some smuggled Timmie's in California. I do miss the Canada Day events we had, especially the pipers marching along the street and piping in the start of the celebrations - a sound dear to my heart.

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!! Cheers! sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    The Canadian Rockies are bigger and more magnificent than the U.S.'s, IMO. And the area around the northern shore of Lake Superior -- sublime.

LOL...ditto Niagara Falls. Yes, if anyone ever gets to take a trip along the Lake Superior route, it is magnificent! sammieswife.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

thanks for the correction. I was just amazed to discover the wild beauty of a rainforest

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Now I have to correct myself because I just found out (Wikipedia) that there are a few other temperate rainforests scattered throughout the world, Southwest coast of South America, Southeast coast of Australia, even a few scattered pockets in Europe and Iran of all places! Each have their own unique trees and wildlife species though. Still, a very tiny portion of earth's landmass and very precious.

Cog

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lady Lee..What a cool thread!!......Hello Fellow Canadians!!..We live in a very cool Country.."Tomorrow is Canada Day!!.....FireworksFireworks..Lets Celebrate!!.. FireworksFireworks................Simon And Angharad..It is so nice to have you 2..And..The boy`s over here!....I`ll bet you all,say "Eh" by now..LOL!!......................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

dinah

My grandfather and 4 of his brothers fought in WW2, probably freed some JW's from concentration camps

wow what a legacy

Here in Ottawa (Cananda's capital) there is always something going on with veteran's - there are monuments everywhere

disfellowman

nationalism is funny

Maybe it depends on where you live. I value the freedom I have to live in peace, to enjoy the land I have around me. Perhaps for me it really does give me a sense of belonging that I don'tget from my family although it is getting better due to my daughter and grandchildren

Simon

I would think that living in a place that has been around for cenruries it might be a tad difficult to find a day that marked its beginning

We're going to be enjoying our second Canada day and looking forward to it

Go and have a ball and enjoy any fireworks. And if you watch the telly later I should be sitting in a special spot to the left of the stage - and most likely in the front row. Hey being in a wheelchair has to have some perks when it comes to these events - assigned seating

parakeet

I've driven that route over Lake Superior was awesome. When I went through the first time I had no idea there were mountains up there. And here I was driving a U-Haul across them. Stunning scenery

sammielee24

smuggled Timmies - (our amazing donuts and donut holes) - yum

How could I forget Niagara Falls awesome in the summer - spectacular in the winter

OUTLAW

Simon And Angharad..It is so nice to have you 2 over here!..I`ll bet you two say "Eh" by now..LOL!!..................

Really??!!?? Didn't you forget an "eh" on the end of that comment? eh?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lady Lee..Your absolutely correct Girl!!.....What was I thinking?.....Eh?............LOL!!...............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit