Few Jehovah's Witnesses bother to GRASP THEIR OWN THEOLOGY!!!

by Terry 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Keep this one fact in mind about Jehovah's Witnesses. They exist in three parts throughout their history.

1. Honest bible students attracted to the gimmicks of Russell (charts, graphs, chronologies, pyramid inches, etc.) expected the End of the World to come and they wanted to know more.

2.Contrarian hard heads under Rutherford wanted to prove everybody was wrong about everything except themselves. If Christendom said "white" they would insist it was "black." Holier than thou was the name of the game. Proving you were right and righteous consisted of provoking demonstrations by refusing blood, going to prison, Supreme court battles and thumbing their noses at holidays.

3.Professional ministers under Knorr performed an education work consisting of explaining the deepest details of scripture by persuasion and indoctrination door to door. They were clean cut, honest, hard working and able to win every religious argument by flipping the onion skin pages of their green bibles.

THEN the1975 debacle turned their squeeky clean image into a nightmare of cult dupes. Everybody was stunned quietly into silence.

The Jehovah's Witnesses had tried to master the art of explaining their theology by going door to door predicting Armageddon using math, chronology and the bible. It had backfired like an antique shotgun in their faces. The whole world made fun of them. They were humiliated and embarrassed and wrong publicly!

Being consumed by details was seen to be worse than snake-handling.

Trumpeting doom by quoting dates, prophetic rules (a day for a year) flipping bible passages and linking causes to effects had produced nitroglycerin. At the center of the explosion was the Governing Body and their claim to Authority over True theology.

The governing body regrouped. Splits, cracks and rebellions were fomenting underground....even at Bethel!

Why?

Everybody had seen black and white evidence in vivid color that the Society was WRONG! Surely there must be a good reason.

Here is where it gets really interesting. The brothers and sisters who really dug in to investigate the details of theology that led to the debacle over 1975 eventually found themselves confronting the facts. The facts proved they were in a crackpot end of the world cult run by people with no authority whatsoever from Jehovah.

Fred Franz and his nephew were at opposite ends of that spectrum. Fred Franz could/would never admit to being wrong. If he did, that ended the illusion of a faithful and discreet slave serving up spiritual food (truth) at the proper time. Fred Franz stonewalled it. The rest of the "slave" had to stonewall it too. Or else? The END of the crackpot FDS!

Ray Franz, at the other end of the intellectual honesty spectrum, dug in and investigated everything from scratch. He smelled the dead rat. He uncovered the lie. Many others started using their own brains to dig deep for the very first time. The man behind the curtain wasn't the Great and Powerful Oz. It was simply delusional men pulling dates out of their asses.

There was a schism. The winners were the hardliners who performed a slow-motion INQUISITION to shut apostates up and kick them out as fast as they could. (Apostates are people who saw the failure of the FDS and investigated.)

The crackdown rivalled what happened when Stalin got rid of Lenin and the purge got deadlier and deadlier.Ray Franz left Bethel and others soon followed. The only people who remained kept their doubts to themselves and their mouths shut.

Brothers and sisters started living double lives. They got their best acting faces on at the Kingdom Hall and cut loose privately.

Three generations (from 1975 onward) of JW kids were reared by despot parents (eager to prove to snoopy elders how loyal they were) who drove them nuts and pushed them (unwittingly) out of the "Truth" by squeezing the fun out of life.

Other parents, who were in silent despair, faded or acted out along with their kids. Thus, in a latter day Seppuku--tens of thousands of once faithful JW's committed ritual suicide by getting themselves disfellowshipped.

Today, at your local Kingdom Hall you don't have curious human beings with rational functioning brains. You have trained monkeys who put on a show of acting as though they are learning. It is just a performance, I assure you.

The consequence of all the above?

Few Jehovah's Witnesses grasp the details of their own theology. They are clueless to the CHANGES and what they occur. They are brain dead when it comes to comparing what USE TO BE the "truth" and what it transformed into now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Few JW's can explain their own basic doctrines.
    Few JW's know why they reject the cross and insist on the stake.
    Few JW's understand blood fractions.
    Few JW's know why Mother's Day is soooooo wrong.
    Few JW's read a book that is not printed by WTS, EVER.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Today, at your local Kingdom Hall you don't have curious human beings with live and rational functioning brains. You have trained monkeys who put on a show of acting as though they are learning. It is just a performance, I assure you.

Symptomatic of society in general? Emotion above ratio? Individual ratio sacrificed to collective performance?

• Terry
    Terry

I doubt any current JW gets into any trouble from being ignorant of theology, the Society's history or the failures of the predictions of the past.

My guess is that ignorance is bliss.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Hi Terry,

Man you are on a role!!!!!!!!! I enjoyed your post. I recently told my wife that I think that

Jesus did die on a cross. She said that is impossible because the cross was a pagan symbol.

I told her that she is correct and were the Roman soldiers pagan? She did not know what

to say. Pagans used crosses and the Romans were pagans. It is so simple but the average,

JW will argue untill he is blue in the face that Jesus died on a stake because their Bible says so.

Keep up the good posts.

TooBad TooSad

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Its not their responsibility to do the thinking its the organizations

Any critical anallise of theology is frowned on , and why would you in the first place its god's earthly organization on earth after all.....wink wink

Maybe the guiding light was too bright and it blinded them all........just a guess

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I agree with you idea 100% Terry... attempting to reason with JWs is enough to send me to a mental institution...

Just one clarification... Didn't the blood issue come up in 1946? So that would be post-Rutherford? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Lance

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Most JWs I remember would never have admitted they had a theology in the first place.

But, to be fair, relatively few members of any confession bother to grasp their own theology...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The JW theology is really bait and switch.

The bait (and dare I say fake) theology is : YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER IN PARADISE ON EARTH if you study THE TRUTH THAT LEADS TO ETERNAL LIFE you will then get the key that is KNOWLEDGE THAT LEADS TO EVERLASTING LIFE.

Thats the hook. Their is no theology at all. Serve Jehovah, (wink wink) and LIVE FOREVER.

The switch? Depends. Of course, you lose your freedom to think and act for yourself. Thats a switch. But because there is so much emphasis on your SALVATION and LIVING FOREVER IN PARADISE, you don't realize all of the pathetic teachings that make up the real theology of JW's.

Specifically, at Gilead, you learn all about TRUE JW THEOLOGY. (this is where I realized I was in a cult) It is where you learn that JW believe that the entire bible is a prophetic book where the characters represent (at some point) Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and the Governing Body. Thats right, the GB still teach and maintain that Noah, Abraham, and my favorites Elijah (=Rutherford) and Elisha (=Knorr). You learn that JW's teach that though no one knows the day or hour, JW's have been as busy as any religous group through the 20th century in trying to predict EXACTLY that. (hello 1975!) You also learn that the GB isn't that humble at all, they really believe they are Christs brothers and expect to be treated that way, since they represent Christ.

Ever wonder why you don't read of types and anti types in the WT anymore? Because even though it is still the official theology of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, they realize that if they promote typology in our times, every one will head to the exits. That is why it is called "the deep things" and spoon fed to a select few that the higher up representitives of the GB believe will not stumble over it.

If JW's don't get or understand their own theology, it is because the Carrot always obscures their view of the past teachings of the GB.

• Terry
    Terry
    I recently told my wife that I think that

Jesus did die on a cross. She said that is impossible because the cross was a pagan symbol.

I told her that she is correct and were the Roman soldiers pagan? She did not know what

to say. Pagans used crosses and the Romans were pagans.

I have to congratulate you here. That is so beautifully pure in its statement it renders argument null and void.

Just fabulous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit