Few Jehovah's Witnesses bother to GRASP THEIR OWN THEOLOGY!!!

by Terry 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gordy
    Gordy

A few years ago when I was a JW, I asked an Elder why he had become a JW. Now this guy was a barrister (lawyer) so he not some idiot.

He replied because being a JW meant that he did not have to think about what to believe. It was all set out for him by the Watchtower organisation. All he had to do is go along with what was being taught. If it was wrong it was not his fault, and that it would be corrected at some future date.

It was the way he said this in all seriousness, that got me. That his "eternal life" depended not on his own personal conviction and belief, but on somebody 3,000 miles away deciding what was right or wrong to believe.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    The brothers and sisters who really dug in to investigate the details of theology that led to the debacle over 1975 eventually found themselves confronting the facts. The facts proved they were in a crackpot end of the world cult run by people with no authority whatsoever from Jehovah

I think this very much applies to my father. I was already out before this time but my father was still hanging in there sporadically. He was gone completely after the 1975 debacle. My father died suddenly in 1978 and I never had a chance to talk about it with him. JW had become something that was just not mentioned in our house. I think my father was deeply embarrassed, humiliated and regretful of the 25 years he had given to this religion. He was a very proud man and was not able to express his feelings about it before he died. I would even go so far as to say the stress of all this probably somewhat contributed to his death..

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've been reading bits and pieces of the Studies in the Scriptures series... yes, my family has originals. The explanations are compelling. The numbers and dates fit amazingly to build the perfect divine plan of the ages. Those books present theology that someone could really put faith in, study, and grasp. By comparison, the new publications are mere fluff, dealing with mundane children's problems and trivial codes of acceptablity to follow the FDS who will milk-feed you what you need to know... or not know. CTRuss took fragments of previous false prophets and built up an astounding religious structure... that was also false. As believable and well-designed as it was on one hand, on the other hand it is laughably wrong.

Time was his enemy and proved him wrong. Time proved Rutherford wrong, Knorr wrong, Fred Franz wrong, and will continue to prove the JWs wrong.

Also, in reading Studies, as well as other earlier publications, there were such profound explanations for chronology. Now, they hardly bother with 1914 and just say the end is coming "very soon". Their former lessons on studying the great prophecies are replaced with WTs warning against oral sex and telling the R&F to be more gooder.

B the X

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    Studies in the Scriptures series

That sounds familiar to me. When were they published? What color were they? I mean the originals.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Scarred,

They're maroon. Right now I'm reading Vol.3, "Thy Kingdom Come". It was published in 1910 by WTBTS. That's the one with the extensive study on God's Stone Witness in Egypt.

Did you know that the Great Pyramid of Egypt was possibly built by Melchizedek, king of Salem, and not Pharoah Khufu? The Great Pyramid also points to the close of the year 1914 to be the beginning of the time of trouble?

That's some fascinating crap in there!

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit