Countdown to IRAN

by sacolton 69 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I think Bush would like to but there's no money left. Rumour has it that Israel will bomb Iran and then Tehran will in turn bomb the US troops in Iraq. This would have the US declare war on Tehran backed by Iran, with Israel as the US backup. They predict by October if it happens - Bush could delay the election should that be the case. sammieswife.

• sacolton
    sacolton

He might have to bring back the draft. We can't just walk into Iran with the numbers we have now.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    He might have to bring back the draft. We can't just walk into Iran with the numbers we have now.

Agreed...and not a thing anybody could or would do about it. One of the reasons that the people of the USA have been impotent during this whole occupation, is the lack of independent media coverage and government manipulation, combined with no draft. If mothers and fathers suddenly had their kids sent over there based on the reasons we are there - they would be tearing down the house. Bush can suspend the election if the USA is attacked and initiate the draft if he chooses...I don't think there will be a war with Iran but anything can happen...sammieswife.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Bush can suspend the election if the USA is attacked

No, no he cannot. Can we please have a discussion without this alarmist madness?

BTS

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Burn ... we shall see.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    we shall see

We shall....and when you are demonstrated wrong you will probably formulate a new whack conspiracy theory to predict future events that will not transpire. There is a reason why I never bother to discuss issues with conspiracy theorists and troofers, it is a waste of time.

BTS

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

BTS...

All i have to say is "GULF OF TONKIN"

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn The Ships,

Thank you for the history and geography lesson HS. If it wasn't for you we'd all still think they are all ragheaded sandfarming cameljockeys.

lol....Here you are again, pretending that information that is new to you was in fact well esconced in that brain of yours.

You think on your feet, I will give you that. The problem is that everybody knows your modus operandi by now Burn, and statements such as the one that I quote above fall on unimpressed eyes these days. We all know you for an intellectual scavenger, but you are cute too.

As my statement was made against the backdrop of the amazing ignorance of many Americans with regard to Middle Eastern, and other foreign affairs, as can be clearly evidenced almost daily on this site, others will underdsand why I posted what I did. I have seen Iranians referred to on this site as "Arabs' so often, your post is misdirected.

Time for you to get back into the toaster I think, Burn The Pop Tart.

HS

• llbh
    llbh
    others will underdsand why I posted what I did. I have seen Iranians referred to on this site as "Arabs' so often, your post is misdirected.

That is amazing , but not so much as when George Wyer can not even distinguish between The Republic of China and The People's Republic of China.

fwiw a large number of his troops protects one from the other and that is a whole other thread

David

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    lol....Here you are again, pretending that information that is new to you was in fact well esconced in that brain of yours.

HS, please do not pretend you know what is in my head. I know the difference between an Arab and an Iranian. Even a superficial JW "historical" education gummed up with misapplication of the Bible provides this distinction between the children of Ishmael and the children of Perseus.

As my statement was made against the backdrop of the amazing ignorance of many Americans with regard to Middle Eastern, and other foreign affairs, as can be clearly evidenced almost daily on this site, others will underdsand why I posted what I did. I have seen Iranians referred to on this site as "Arabs' so often, your post is misdirected.

The ignorance that you describe goes to the very top. A Presidential candidate recently said we needed more Arabic translators to help efforts in Afghanistan. But that is not the point. The point is that you would find less resistance on here to your ideas if you were less patronizing. You are obviously very intelligent, and even if often misguided, you are sometimes right. Every so often there is a grain of trutyh in the mountain of blustery chaff that pollutes your posts. Incidentally, since the subject seems so near and dear to you, there is a restive Arabic minority in southern Iran as well as a Kurdish area in the north of the country that is contiguous to the same ethnicity in Iraq. Iran is not a homogenous country, you know?

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit