The year the end finally came: the YEAR OF THE BIG LIE

by Terry 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    snowbird (sylvia): I never believed 1975 was to be the end of anything

Sorry, this is not quite right. I already posted it yesterday in this thread.

1975 was a turning point in the world history. Similar to 1914. But it seems nobody takes care. Even WTBS ignores the facts.

In 1975 began the rising of state indebtedness, up to point of no return (worldwide!) - as a result of the Yom-Kippur-war in Oct. 1973 and the following oil price explosion. 1975 began the epoch of shortage of crude oil (peak oil 2010? - perhaps earlier..)

There is no way out, as you can see. This situation leads into a new war for oil and other raw materials. Read the works of important economy scientists, please.

fly

• sir82
    sir82

Dude!

You've just given the WTS their out.

50 years from now, "Proclaimers Volume 2" will be declaring "JWs predicted something big would happen in 1975, and sure enough it did!"

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    JWs predicted something big would happen in 1975, and sure enough it did!"

Exactly.

The main problem of the WTBS is they are too much focused to bible verses and numerology. Because of too many trees, they do not see the forest ...

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Another keeper Terry! Mary,thanks for the you tube link. I remember well that circuit assembly theme: Who Will Conquer The World In The 1970's

I was one of those whose's imagination was captured concerning 1975. I was baptized in 1970, my wife 1971, Our first child came in 1972, our second child came in 1973. From 1969 studying "THE BLUE BOMB", The Truth Book, until 1975, seven years, anxiety reigned over us.

Then the big letdown, what to do, we stayed for another 33 years! Unbelieveable! Old truth, present truth, new truth etc. I conducted the 1995 Generation Change. Soon, very soon, near, nearer than you think etc.

Chasing "THE CARROT!" all those precious lost years. We were not alone, millions of others became captives of a concept a big illusion.

Well, it's all past history and we have moved on.

Blueblades

• IT Support
    IT Support
    *** w74 8/15 pp. 506-507 No Spiritual "Energy Crisis" for Discreet Ones *** In 1877, Russell joined Nelson H. Barbour in publishing the book Three Worlds, and the Harvest of This World. It indicated that the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 would be preceded by a forty-year period to open with a three-and-a-half-year harvest beginning in 1874 C.E. According to Bible chronology thereafter adopted, it was understood that 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth ended in 1872, whereas six millenniums of human sin concluded and the seventh millennium began in 1874. Christ’s presence was thought to have begun in October 1874, at the start of the great antitypical Jubilee.—Lev. chap. 25; Rev. 20:4.

I remember being told years ago that Freddie based his '1975' doctrine on the '1874' date, but his 'big idea' was that there was a 100-year error in the original calculation, and this was why he was so certain he was so right.

(Perhaps the extra 'missing' year was accounted for by the Year Zero 'correction'?)

Anyone else hear this?

And how was the original date calculated?

• Terry
    Terry
    *** w74 8/15 pp. 506-507 No Spiritual "Energy Crisis" for Discreet Ones *** In 1877, Russell joined Nelson H. Barbour in publishing the book Three Worlds, and the Harvest of This World. It indicated that the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 would be preceded by a forty-year period to open with a three-and-a-half-year harvest beginning in 1874 C.E. According to Bible chronology thereafter adopted, it was understood that 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth ended in 1872, whereas six millenniums of human sin concluded and the seventh millennium began in 1874. Christ’s presence was thought to have begun in October 1874, at the start of the great antitypical Jubilee.—Lev. chap. 25; Rev. 20:4.

I remember being told years ago that Freddie based his '1975' doctrine on the '1874' date, but his 'big idea' was that there was a 100-year error in the original calculation, and this was why he was so certain he was so right.

I've long suspected Franz (and others) of snooping through the Pastor Russell archives for ideas, tidbits, dusty old prophecies and other crackpot notions that could be spit shined into "new light" by diddling the dates a bit.

Remember, first and foremost--this religion and the people at the top who were attracted by it are ADVENTISTS at heart! They are End of the World freaks who crave Armageddon like a junkie craves a needle.

Dusting off old ideas and polishing them into a high sheen for present day consumption is the game Franz played fast and loose with on this 6,000 years history of mankind coming to an end nonsense!

Not one JW in a thousand knows it came to an end TWICE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit