I won't be around very much longer.......................

by Warlock 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jaydee
    jaydee

Way too many 'Stupid White Men', that's the problem. thanks Michael.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Cheer up my friend, EspaƱa ha ganado!

• Gill
    Gill

Warlock - At 108 years old I'm not surprised you've fallen and can't get up!

Seriously now! Are you really in dire straits!? I mean more dire than usual?

• Gill
    Gill

Zeroday - With regard to your 'LET THEM EAT CAKE' comment - I would like to point out that not long after that comment was made by Marie Antoinette, they built the guillotine and USED IT! Didn't actually sort out the hunger problems for a while but it cut down on the not so 'clever' comments coming from the people at the top of the pyramid!

Let them be warned! Madame la Guillotine is ALWAYS waiting in the wings!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Warlock and Gill, you share your same birthday!

• Gill
    Gill

OMG! He must be my long lost twin!!

I never even noticed!

Well, Brother, I have to admit to being concerned about your dire straits. At 108, I've had to get an evening shelf stacking job that has people one tenth of my age totally exhausted after 4 hours! Having said that, it pays reasonably well, (double time on Sundays, one and half times on Saturday and unsociable hours added for evenings!) IF it's possible for you, I suggest another small job.....though I know that's not feesible for everyone.

I am quite shocked at the amount of pensioners who have had to take on part time jobs, here in the UK just to survive!

World's going to hell in a handbag!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am thinking that Minimalism might become more than just a philosophy for many.

To tell the truth - that ain't all bad if you think about it. Not minimizing the real impact where it is hurting people of course. But if the zillionaires would come down to the rest of mankind there would be a lot more to go around.

Jeff

• tartarus
    tartarus

The head of Russian state-owned oil giant Gazprom recently was quoted as saying the price of oil may go up as high as 250 a barrel. I think he's nuts. That didn't make the news in the western media.

The Russian state loves the extra cash it gets, but the situation is getting from bad to worse for millions of ordinary Russians. All those state billions of revenue drive up inflation. Ordinary Russians pay gas prices as high or higher than Canadians, while the salaries aren't even closely matched. Prices for food already went up because of higher transport costs.

Saudi Arabia - second biggest exporter of oil in the world has probably made a deal with the Russians not to increase production. It was Saudi cheap oil (at 5$ a barrel versus 17$ in Siberia) that contributed to the fall of Soviet Union. That's the real reason we had cheap gas for years - the russkies and the saudies weren't buddy-buddy with each other after Afghanistan. The era of cheap oil is over. Everyone get on a cheap Chinese bike and pedal.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

It's supply and demand.... When demand exceeds supply, the price goes up. Couple that with the fact that a bunch of crazy terrorist types control the oil, and it's bad news for all of us! If you had a monopoly on a vital product that the world couldn't do without, wouldn't you be tempted to fool around with the prices, too? Let's all be thankful that our food, water and oxygen doesn't all come from the middle east! Allah Be Praised, we'd all have to choose between starving to death, dying of thirst or suffocating!

• Mary
    Mary

I've already spoken to my boss about the possibility of me coming in only 4 days a week......Since he's a commuter himself, I don't think this'll be a problem. That'll save me about $40.00 a month there, plus, like OldFlame and Warlock and others, I don't do the 'pleasure driving' anymore....the car doesn't go out unless it's for a specific purpose.

I also planted more in the garden this year: carrots, onions, garlic, red peppers, strawberries and raspberries. Too bad our growing season wasn't longer around here-----I could basically plant most of the food I need instead of buying it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit