Did you read this: How disfellowshipped family members should be treated.

by Ianua 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

This is the first thing I read.......my sister is DFd....(yea wrongly....stupid men who didn't even know their kids were drug addicts/dealers)

Her biological family takes the hardline with her which sent her into a 15 year downward spiral of mental despair & pyschiatric confinement. I just got her back in school and toward improving mental health & balance.....I am so proud of her!!!

Now there has been a family death and I just thankful they haven't had their DC yet!

To give you an idea how horrible her kin is.....she is allowed at the service but banned from going to her relative's home after the service. This after a traveling over 200 miles !!!! But her 'inactive' never to come back to the JWs been in and out of jail, adulterous, motorcyle gang (dangerous type), drunken/drugged, wife beating, child neglecting, child support evading loser relatives are welcomed just fine...

I hate how this WTS policy is played out!!!!!

Teddie J, may God show you more mercy then what you have shown your fellow domestics !!!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, that certainly explains why my sister did an about face on the last few months of scattered e-mails and phone calls.

• BFD
    BFD

Disgusting and pathetic. This thread should be linked to StAnn's.

At what point do you hold JWs responsible for their own hateful actions? Brainwashed, schmainwashed!

BFD

Here you go... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/161239/1.ashx

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    Excuse me, but isn't FAMILY FAMILY no mater where in the world they live?

Actually I have never held to that concept. Family is what you make it, not what you are born into. I have friends that are family to me whereas I do not consider my uncle to be a part of my family. .

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Rather, loyalty to Jehovah and his organization moves them to uphold the Scriptural arrangement of disfellowshipping

You notice they equate themselves with Jehovah. What Scriptural arrangement are they talking about??

I don't know of ANY scriptural arrangement that makes parents treat children this way.

Oh yeah I forgot we are talking about the WTS.

The Claw

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

karen, welcome

I am discouraging my children from getting baptized for these reasons

. if it gets to the point that elders intrude...... i will say "baptism should be taken seriously, enough that jesus was 29/30 years old?

• RR
    RR
    ... loyalty to Jehovah and his organization moves. them to uphold the Scriptural arrangement of disfellowshipping. Their loyal course has the best interests of the wrongdoer at heart and may help him to benefit from the discipline received

Of course if the faithful member has no more believing family, then the congregation is instructed to suck the blood out of the believer, financially, and never notifying the unbelieving family members, until every ounce is drained, then the Christian thing to do is to put said believer in a nursing home and instruct the unbelieving member of their relatives whereabouts!

RR

• Alexia
    Alexia

"This certainly wasn't followed in my case. For 7 years elders in the 2 congregations that I attended simply encouraged me to be a better wife. I have read of many other cases where abused women were treated he same way." I was treated the same way. I was not believed when I told them my ex-husband was physically abusive to the point of trying to strangle me in my sleep once. Unfortunately I know of another case like this where it cost a young woman and her child their lives. :(

• brinjen
    brinjen

This was the part that got me the most...

However, if the disfellowshipped one is a minor child, the parents are still responsible to instruct and discipline him.

How minor are we talking here?

• oldflame
    oldflame

11Extremephysicalabuse is another basis for separation. Suppose an unbelieving mate often gets drunk, becomes enraged, and causes the believer physical harm. (Proverbs 23:29-35) Through prayer and by displaying the fruitage of Jehovah’s spirit, the believer may be able to prevent such outbursts and make the situation endurable. But if the point is reached where the health and life of the abused mate actually are in jeopardy, separation would be allowable Scripturally. Again, congregation elders should look into charges of physical abuse when two Christians are involved in the troubled marriage, and disfellowshipping action may have to be taken.—Compare Galatians 5:19-21; Titus 1:7.

This one gets me because I have known and heard of women who have been beaten severely and when taken to the elders they were told that it was probably their faults and that if they were a true loving witness they would go back to their husbands. There are stories out there about how women who were told to be a subservient wife and go back home to the abusive husband and were killed. That's a true religion ? Not in my book !

This is nothing but pure evil and I know in my heart that if there is a God it would not be like this and would destroy all the words of the bible about how we are to be loving and not hateful. Governing Body you people need to go check yourself because your not doing the work of God but the work of the devil is more like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit