Did you read this: How disfellowshipped family members should be treated.

by Ianua 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Yesterday, there was a four minute long segment on national news in a a major Norwegian tv channel reporting on a new board aimed at helping ex-witnesses. Apart from an interview with an ex-witness, there was also coverage from the assembly, an interview with a watchtower spokesman and an expert from a mental hospital. The WT spokesperson, being inteviews on the norwegian branch, states that while it was true that spirital relationships should be avoided, each family is free to make their own arrangements. Somewhat of a doublespeak. the important part, however, was that the news was made that a Norwegian forum for helping exiting and ex-witnesses was given coverage. http://tv2nyhetene.no/innenriks/article2036816.ece

• justhuman
    justhuman

WT has been destroying families ever since Rutherford took power on the Company. Our lifes will never be the same again since we have been disfellowshiped from the WT.

They are so evil, full with hate and arrogance. Sometimes when I visit my children I have to wait until the JW's leave the house, because I'm difellowshiped person. I see friends, relatives in the street, and they pretend they don't know me. On my behalf I always say hello to them, but you could see their faces how shocked there are when I do this. It is like Devil spoken to them

WT is evil, and the leadership of that Cult reflects the qualities of their father the Satan

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I can see some long debates with my mother over this one. How exactly do you defend NOT studying the bible with someone? You have to love how the only biblical defense for this action is in Proverbs.

• Quandry
    Quandry

This information is not new. It is reprinted from WT magazines and has been the stance for many years. However, there is something that I really just noticed, and I read this stuff for over thirty years:

he would not participate when the family gets together to study the Bible. However, if the disfellowshipped one is a minor child, the parents are still responsible to instruct and discipline him. Hence, loving parents may arrange to conduct a Bible study with the child.* - Proverbs 6:20-22 ; 29:17 .

So, the child, no matter what age, would be excluded when the family sits down together. At some other time, they could have a private study, evidently.

Excluding a child in this fashion would give the message that he or she was not part of the family. So if the child had some problem, instead of a loving family pulling together to help, the child is made to feel that he is not a part of it, and evidently must go to some part of the house by himself to avoid contaminating the others.

• donny
    donny

I was just wondering, if I go and get drunk by taking in too many spirirts and I do something stupid, can I tell the authorities that I was spirit directed?

• RR
    RR
    I was just wondering, if I go and get drunk by taking in too many spirirts and I do something stupid, can I tell the authorities that I was spirit directed?

Why not Donny? The Judge did it!

• sinis
    sinis

*** w88 11/1 pp. 22-23 When Marital Peace Is Threatened ***

Grounds for Separation

Paul’s words at 1 Corinthians 7:10-16 encourage marriage mates to stay together. Yet, some, after trying very hard to preserve their marriage relationship, have finally decided that, in all conscience, they have no choice but to separate. What may be the grounds for such a step?

Willfulnonsupport is one basis for separation. When entering wedlock, a husband assumes the responsibility of providing for his wife and any children they may have. The man who does not provide for members of his household "has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith." (1 Timothy 5:8) So separation is possible if there is willful nonsupport. Of course, appointed elders should give careful consideration to an accusation that a Christian is refusing to support his wife and family. Stubborn refusal to support one’s family may result in disfellowshipping.

Extremephysicalabuse is another basis for separation. Suppose an unbelieving mate often gets drunk, becomes enraged, and causes the believer physical harm. (Proverbs 23:29-35) Through prayer and by displaying the fruitage of Jehovah’s spirit, the believer may be able to prevent such outbursts and make the situation endurable. But if the point is reached where the health and life of the abused mate actually are in jeopardy, separation would be allowable Scripturally. Again, congregation elders should look into charges of physical abuse when two Christians are involved in the troubled marriage, and disfellowshipping action may have to be taken.—Compare Galatians 5:19-21; Titus 1:7.

Absoluteendangermentof spirituality also provides a basis for separation. The believer in a religiously divided home should do everything possible to take advantage of God’s spiritual provisions. But separation is allowable if an unbelieving mate’s opposition (perhaps including physical restraint) makes it genuinely impossible to pursue true worship and actually imperils the believer’s spirituality. Yet, what if a very unhealthy spiritual state exists where both mates are believers? The elders should render assistance, but especially should the baptized husband work diligently to remedy the situation. Of course, if a baptized marriage partner acts like an apostate and tries to prevent his mate from serving Jehovah, the elders should handle matters according to the Scriptures. If disfellowshipping takes place in a case involving absolute endangerment of spirituality, willful nonsupport, or extreme physical abuse, the faithful Christian who seeks a legal separation would not be going against Paul’s counsel about taking a believer to court.—1 Corinthians 6:1-8.

Thanks Blondie... The last arguement is what the dumb ass Elders have been telling my wife. Although it is completely FALSE!!! I have thought about writing the WTS HQ and clue them in on the shit these local elders are trying to pull, and explain that if they mess with my married life any longer I will be taking someones ass to court. I'm not so sure how the WTS HW would respond, or if they would forward my letter to the cong in question. Which I'm sure the elders will speak to my wife about my "un-godly" attitude. I'm thinking that this would only add fuel to an already blazing fire...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit